Elvis Costello

Saw him a couple of years ago and his voice is as good as ever

Happy 70th Birthday to you Declan.
So today you will be "Watching The Detectives" or probably more like you won't be able
"To Stand Up For Falling Down" !!!
I was supposed to see him at the Castlefield Bowl before Covid, he was on with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott but unfortunately on the Monday before the Friday gig it was announced Elvis had been diagnosed with cancer and had to pull out. The replacement were The Buzzcocks, a few months later Pete Shelley died of a heart attack in Estonia.

That gig was cursed, Jacqui Abbot has not been well recently as well.

As an aside my Blue mate installed air conditioning in Elvis Costello's mum's apartment on the Wirral, Elvis paid for it (and the apartment) and his mum was proper proud of him.

I was supposed to see him at the Castlefield Bowl before Covid, he was on with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott but unfortunately on the Monday before the Friday gig it was announced Elvis had been diagnosed with cancer and had to pull out. The replacement were The Buzzcocks, a few months later Pete Shelley died of a heart attack in Estonia.

That gig was cursed, Jacqui Abbot has not been well recently as well.

As an aside my Blue mate installed air conditioning in Elvis Costello's mum's apartment on the Wirral, Elvis paid for it (and the apartment) and his mum was proper proud of him.
Air conditioning in The Wirral?

Big fan of the late 70's / early 80's stuff.
Saw him the one time in 1983 supported by Aztec Camera - probably the best support act I ever saw.
Happy Birthday Elvis

I saw him in Brighton when I lived there back in the 80's. What surprised me the most when I saw him wasn't the band playing all the hit songs, which is what I expected, but his rendition of classical tunes played on his accoustic guitar after he sent the band off for a while so they could have cup of tea and biscuits.

He was on his own on stage for twenty minutes or so, and after all these years, it's still the most memorable aspect of that concert.

Have seen him well over 20 times since 1978 at the Stanhope jazz club somewhere near Earls Court station in London. He is a very big favorite in Philadelphia and I have seen him here in various venues holding anywhere from 200 to 20,000. Always puts on a fabulous show whether he is performing punk or classical. Not to disagree with you @Mad Eyed Screamer , while Aztec Camera was a terrific accompanying band, for me nothing beats the Attractions.
Happy Birthday Declan, many more and thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Air conditioning in The Wirral?

Big fan of the late 70's / early 80's stuff.
Saw him the one time in 1983 supported by Aztec Camera - probably the best support act I ever saw.
Happy Birthday Elvis
Yes, definitely, it's not Florida levels of humidity but we've had a few days over the last years that have been uncomfortable (none this last two) so if you're Elvis you spend your petty cash looking after your loved ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.