Elvis Costello

Air conditioning in The Wirral?

Big fan of the late 70's / early 80's stuff.
Saw him the one time in 1983 supported by Aztec Camera - probably the best support act I ever saw.
Happy Birthday Elvis
Wirral Air con

Attachments

• 1000039444.jpg
    1000039444.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 15
I was supposed to see him at the Castlefield Bowl before Covid, he was on with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott but unfortunately on the Monday before the Friday gig it was announced Elvis had been diagnosed with cancer and had to pull out. The replacement were The Buzzcocks, a few months later Pete Shelley died of a heart attack in Estonia.

That gig was cursed, Jacqui Abbot has not been well recently as well.

As an aside my Blue mate installed air conditioning in Elvis Costello's mum's apartment on the Wirral, Elvis paid for it (and the apartment) and his mum was proper proud of him.
I'm curious. Do you struggle to find mates to accompany you to gigs these days?
; )

Saw Aztec Camera at The International, brilliant gig, I think Roddy Frame lived in Mill Brow for a while.
That Aztec Camera gig was an absolute belter wasn't it mate? And yes, Roddy did indeed live just up from Marple Bridge for a while.
Also had me reminiscing about the two International venues and some of the great nights there. One for another thread though.

His old man was in the R Whites "Secret Lemonade Drinker" and Elvis was in the backing track, one for us old FOC's.
Hate to be a pendant but Ross McManus wasn't in the ad but wrote and sang the accompanying music. Son, Declan (aka Elvis), did provide backing vocals though.

Last edited:
I'm curious. Do you struggle to find mates to accompany you to gigs these days?
; )
Yep, reckon there will be one man and a dog at my funeral Last concert I went to was ELO but been to many over the years, including the Clash, Sex Pistols, Oasis and Bruce Springsteen, however I won't be doing too many more, just watch the Festival's on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.