11. Anelka
12. McManaman
13. Savic
14. Milner
15. Sylvinho

16. Played for Inter
17. Played for Bayern
18. Played for Bayern

Forgot Schmeichel. Didn’t count Karius or Trippier because I don’t think they ever played an official match.

And two special cases if you want to count them...

19. Played for Barcelona
20. Played for Barcelona
Demichelis and Van Buyten?

Txiki and Guardiola?

Demichelis is 17.

Of course, Pep and Txiki are the special cases.

So, the single most obscure City-affiliated player to have started a Champions League Final in the past 25 years is...

Demichelis is 17.

Of course, Pep and Txiki are the special cases.

So, the single most obscure City-affiliated player to have started a Champions League Final in the past 25 years is...
Van Buyten started the 2010 final.

That’s it. So, unless I’m missing somebody, 19 players in the past 25 years played both a Champions League Final and a competitive match for City. That’s more than I would have thought, honestly.

He was fucking shit.

Mpenza on the other hand, legend, one of the best signings we made in the period from early 90s to the takeover. Convinced we would have been relegated without him. Samaras was shite, Corradi was never the same after he died of old age, Dickov tried his best bless him but he was well past it and Vassell seemed to be going out of his way to prove my early season statement that "he was as useless as it's possible for a PL striker to be" wrong.
That final season under Pearce was my lowest point as a City fan. Even when we were relegated to League Two, we played better football. IIRC, Dennis Tueart predicted we'd score less than 30 goals that season...... We scored 28 if memory serves me right.

Mpenza was one of the few bright sparks we had at the time. However, can you do me a favour pal? Please never mention Samaras, or Coroded (aka Skelator) when I'm around. It's only 5.30pm & the mere mention of their names had me reaching for beer to dull the pain & memories.

At least Dickov & Vassell tried in their own limited way. As for Pearce, he was the plank who overlooked a young Yaya Toure who played is off the park pre season against Olympiacos.

Thankfully players & managers like those won't be coming anywhere near our club for the foreseeable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.