Emotional moments courtesy of Manchester City.

The surge of emotion, pride and relief when Sergio's goal went in v QPR was phenomenal, but the only time (I'm not ashamed to say) I've wept AT a game was the one (much quoted above) when Colin returned v Newcastle. I think we knew in our heart of hearts it was a lost cause.

The most recent time I have had tears in my eyes was when I heard the shock news that Bert Trautmann had passed away. I had assumed that he would go on for ages, he was so strong and looked so young for his years. Bert was a hero - when you read what he went through in WW2 the word "hero" for once is properly appropriate. I felt I had lost a dear friend, or even a close relative.

Other City deaths sadden me greatly (Doyle, Young etc.) but Bert's demise was on a different level.

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
I dont cry that much but for some reason i did when we was singing bluemoon after nasri had scored to make it 2-1 to us in the title winning season. Epic moment, one of the loudest bluemoons i have ever witnessed.

Was that in the Chelsea game? The return of Carlos? I remember the atmosphere vividly after Nasri popped in that winner, goosebumps stuff, will remain with me 'til the day I die. I remember Blue Moon echoing around the stadium at full volume, and every time I hear that song in full voice from the fans it does do something to me, like before Hamburg, after the last match at Maine Road, Derby 2007 with all the scarfs, and a few times in the derby in 2012, its like overwhelming nostalgia every time. Remember that 1-0 derby in 2012, Kompany header, people were saying they could hear Blue Moon and Hey Jude being sang all the way from Piccadilly? Unbelievable memories.

I think aside from the Aguero goal, the one time I have got so emotional about City was the day before the 1-0 Derby with the Kompany header, it was the 10th anniversary of my mum's tragic passing, she was a big fan and the reason I became a blue as my dad was born in Yorkshire, I'd come back home from uni for a few days prior and I remember going to the church, saying my piece to her, and then going 'and please please please can we beat United tomorrow, I'm not a praying man but have a word with god and tell him to make it our day' and I just burst into tears. After the final whistle the following night, as Hey Jude was ringing round the Etihad, for a brief moment I sat down on my seat and put my head in my hands and just cried, felt like she had heard and answered me, and I could just picture all the times she took me to Maine Road as a kid, showing me round the tiny club shop, and then could picture her there with me holding up the scarf and joining in. My dad gave me a hug and I could tell he was holding it all in as well, a truly special memory to share with him that I will never forget. It's strange how football can bring together so many emotions.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
Rascal said:
Sitting on the Kippax terrace after Luton beat us and sent us down was the pits.

But for sheer emotion, it was the Kings comeback game v Newcastle

This

This + 1 . It actually being my 1st City game. 0-0 at halft time, The King returned, 4-0 final score. Big roar when it was announced The King would come on and an even bigger one when he actually did. During those 45 minutes from beneath the dark roof of the (old) Kippax emotions understandebly ran high. And I fell in love with City. Being in the Kippax I didn't see any of the goals as for my unimpressive stature. Yet happy to have been there at that particular moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.