Employment/Legal advice please.

I'm bumping this for some advice, if anyone is able to help please.

I have been with a large North West firm for 37 years. Four of us do my job or a similar one, and we are going through a reorganisation. The four of us are going for three jobs in the new structure. I have 20 years more experience than the closest of my rivals, and earn £10k more than them. In normal circumstances I would be confident of securing a post.

However, I was recently asked by our Finance Department to carry out some work. To help me with this, they sent me a confidential costing model. Buried deep within the model were the words "Headcount Reduction", with my name (and about 20 others) alongside.

I get the distinct impression I am being set up here, and might be unemployed after the process. Is there anything I can do?

I have been with a large North West firm for 37 years. Four of us do my job or a similar one, and we are going through a reorganisation. The four of us are going for three jobs in the new structure. I have 20 years more experience than the closest of my rivals, and earn £10k more than them. In normal circumstances I would be confident of securing a post.

However, I was recently asked by our Finance Department to carry out some work. To help me with this, they sent me a confidential costing model. Buried deep within the model were the words "Headcount Reduction", with my name (and about 20 others) alongside.

I get the distinct impression I am being set up here, and might be unemployed after the process. Is there anything I can do?

After 37 years...I'd take it.

In a union?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.