Emyr Huws

Does anybody know about his contract situation?

There are rumours that it is up at the end of the year but I can't imagine he'd be getting his debut for the first team and then we send him to the Championship when anybody can come in and offer him a deal?

Damocles said:

There are rumours that it is up at the end of the year but I can't imagine he'd be getting his debut for the first team and then we send him to the Championship when anybody can come in and offer him a deal?
I think I read somewhere we either have an option to extend his current deal or we did extend it, can't say for 100% though.

Everytime I read about him he is either MOTM or one of the best players on the park, now he scores a screamer and Vieira has likened him to Busquets.

I have only watched him in that spell when he came on for us in the League Cup and bit and bobs from the Wales game and you can see the Busquets comparisons.

Surely with this promise he has to be our Rodwell replacement? Either that or a loan in Spain? Forget the Premier League, it's awful for developing young players.

Damocles said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/emyr-huws/profil/spieler_121474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/emyr- ... 21474.html</a>

Don't know how accurate this is, but it suggests his contract with us is up in June.

banterboy said:
LoveCity said:
He has actual strengths, which to me probably means he's better than, say, Tom Cleverley, who can do nothing but accurate sideways passes, but is neither an incisive passer, goal scorer or anything special defensively. Not saying that means Huws is good enough for us (yet), but he may already be Premier League standard.

Only concern with Huws is his low pass success, it's currently at 72.4% which is worse than everyone in our squad, even the worst passer Dzeko (76%). Whether that's because he's in a Championship team or not, I'm not sure. It rose from 67% (vs. Ipswich) to 85% (vs. QPR) this weekend, though.

Don't know if the pass success analysis is that relevant? You could play 6 yard square balls all day and end up with 100%. If you are going to play defence splitting passes not all of them are going to come off. Huws is actually keeping Birmingham City alive. He was MOTM again last Saturday against QPR and up against seasoned pros and England internationals in Barton and Jenas. My fear is that City will spend big money on an import this summer and Huws goes to Newcastle, Spurs or Everton at the end of his contract and comes back to haunt us. I think he's the best British midfield prospect since Gerrard and possibly the best City home grown player since Colin Bell.

Better than Barkley, Ramsey, Wilshire, Morrison, Ward-Prowse?

<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/CrViuwXfwo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/CrViuwXfwo</a>
Huws scores his first professional goal....and what a goal at that.
Again voted Birmingham City's MOM for his performance in their 3-3 draw with Burnley

FantasyIreland said:
How did he perform in Brum's defeat at weekend?

struggled according to local reports, didn't seem to do great defensively (only 1 out of 4 tackles completed) but his pass rate was still 77% (team average 66%), so I guess it was just a bad day at the office. Young player in a young team so going to have off days.

p.s. also picked up a knock to the hip, no idea if he'll miss more games.<br /><br />-- Mar 18th, '14, 07:50 --<br /><br />Have to say though from BCFC's twitter live updates that a number of their rare good moments seem to have involved him so maybe the underwhelming feeling is because of expectation amongst themselves as much as us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.