End of a decade

AlgarveBlu

What will you remember about the decade with no name - the tenties. Is that what it was called?

For me...

Football - sure most of us on here will agree from a haul of 10 major trophies and some of the best football we have seen in the Uk it’s been a Stella decade for City especially considering what went before.

technology - personally think it’s been about the rise of the smart phone and the impact that has on our day to day lives.

Society - think it’s a decade where most people haven’t seen any real rise in their standard of living due to the financial crash legacy we are still working through from the last decade. I think the world feels a bit of a nastier place although I suspect that’s me just getting older and grumpier in my outlook.

Geopolitics - pretty much dictated to by how the west feel about Putin every other week and more recently Trump. Terrorism on the wane?

Yoof - just telling my lad today that his generation seem to spend more time living life through other people’s experiences online rather than creating their own. That’s something that has personally pissed me off a bit, personally glad I didn’t have to grow up online.

Music - meh will take the last century personally

Environment -maybe this has been the decade that we will take concerted action to think of future generations and respect the chance we and all other species have been given on this rock flying through space - I can sense a real passion on this with the kids I speak to which I certainly never had as a kid and don’t recall even at the start of the century.

Politics -let’s leave that one shall we as it’s been dominated by the B word which sends us all into a combined psychosis with no amount of words available in the dictionary to provide escape velocity from the subject.

Not a bad decade I suppose, all the best to everyone for the roaring twenties!

I think we'll be reminiscing about it as containing the last great moments of top level football (Aguero, Kompany etc) before VAR, automatic goal checks, FFP, diving, Burberry handbags, IFAB, electronic scoreboards, PGMOL, ever-increasing ticket prices, armpit offsides, Michael Oliver all conspired to ruin the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.