End of season non league play off games - Salford promoted (P7)

Mad Eyed Screamer

The non leagues finished today - play offs to start this coming week!
So who went up, who went down and who is involved in the play offs?

Conference
Salford lost their last two games which saw them slip from top to 3rd.... Leyton Orient went up and leave Salford fighting it out with Wrexham and Flylde amongst others. Considering Salford were in the Conference North last season, that's an acheivement.
All the relegated teams are southern based.

Conference North
Congrats to Stockport County who were crowned champions, coming one point ahead of Chorley who have been top all season. Chorley beat County a week ago today - but lost at Altrincham midweek.
Talking of Alty - a great season for them, newly promoted this season from the Evo Stick League, The Robins secured a play off place and good luck to them.
At the bottom, both The Moston Rag Socks and Ashton United were relegated. The Rag Socks lost today to a late Brackley winner whilst Ashton gained a point v Alty. That point had Ashton finish a point higher than the team from Pallet Park which can often be crucial in these leagues if promoted teams below fail ground inspections.....

Evo Stick Premier League
West Yorkshire outfit Farsley Celtic won the title with Warrington, Nantwich & Buxton in the play offs.

Evo Stick West League
Congrats to Atherton Colleries who won the title - Radcliffe Borough (managed by John Macken) and Ramsbottom are in the play offs.

North West Counties Premier League
While Scousers fought for the title with Bootle and City of Liverpool FC (shit name) in the top two - sadly it was Mancs propping up the bottom as West Didsbury & Chorlton and Abbey Hey were both relegated.

North West Counties South
No play offs in this league (won easily by Rylands) which is a pity as Wythenshawe Amatuers came 3rd and Wythenshawe Town 5th.
A cloud hangs over Town though. The statement below was issued yesterday stating that today's game v Abbey Hulton would not be taking place. The statement doesn't give too much away but Town could be in big trouble here.
https://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/news-articles.php?id=7469

Good luck to local teams in the play offs :)

Conference north. Chorley beat county a week ago today - but lost at Altrincham midweek?

I don't think so. Chorley lost 1-0 at spennymoor to a 94 th minute winner on bank holiday Monday. They also missed a penalty. If they had scored the pen they would have been promoted, as they were only a point behind stockport with a goal difference of +1 better.

Conference north. Chorley beat county a week ago today - but lost at Altrincham midweek?

I don't think so. Chorley lost 1-0 at spennymoor to a 94 th minute winner on bank holiday Monday. They also missed a penalty. If they had scored the pen they would have been promoted, as they were only a point behind stockport with a goal difference of +1 better.
Apologies got the games / dates mixed up. Chorley lost 5-3 at Alty 2 weeks ago today.
They had been top all season until the last month....

Good to see Stockport get promotion. Crowds of over 6k in the last few games at the 6th level.

See if Salford can win the playoffs in the new format.

Great news about the Rags Sox, certain they’ll keep going down until mysteriously the pallets ignite in the middle of the night & we forget they ever existed.

Good luck Alty & I don’t have the same contempt for Salford City as Fcum & I actually like investment in non league, keeps lads in the game living their dream.

Very pleased for Stockport County, have fond memories of friday nights at Edgeley Park in the days of MIcky Quinn, Dean Emerson and co. Would be good to see them back in the league.

Yes agree with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.