End of Season Party vs Arsenal?!

Some absolute idiots on here.

Let's get this straight, Pellegrini has won us 3 trophies in his time at our club. That should be reason enough for an amicable ending to his reign.

Not that it's an excuse for our failings this year, but just take a step back, think where we are now compared to a decade ago. EVERYTHING is looking good for us. The futures blue.

What has a decade ago got to do with us now ?? we are almost a completely different club. Massively underperforming for the money spent and the expectations. These people are paid astronomical amounts of money and treated like gods, to perform for 90 mins per week, and they have not done that. we have gone backwards under Manuel. Yes we have won 3 trophies but i could manage a team with those players and get the same reaction from them.

Cant wait for him to fuck off, zero passion. Look at Simeone and Pep the way they instil fight and belief to their players

Whilst Pellegrini's been our manager we've won more then any other English club.

Unfortunately not. Arsenal have won 4 to our 3 during his reign.

However, while I've grown continuously tired of, and frustrated with, him in the last 20 months, his nice man innocence shows through at times you really wish it didn't. City fans were singing his song early in the game and the camera pans to him and he's smiling and acknowledging the fans & the song. It's hard to dick all over a man who at least will look upon us fondly, as Mancini has also done. However, he will be remembered as a very 50/50 manager; won us trophies and brought us European progress, yet took us backwards on the field, in the league and in the dressing room & ultimately has created a very stagnant feel around the club.

Well you need to consider the bigger picture then. If you're getting upset because our manager 'only' averages 1 trophy a season you're expectations have become too unrealistic.

I celebrated as much as anyone when we won all 3, just like i did when we won the league in 68.
but come on, who did we beat to win the league cup

sunderland before they started winning the odd game

crystal palace at home

hull city

lost to everton away
beat everton at home

drew with liverpool but won on penalties.

they only time this competition becomes worth putting out a full squad for some of these teams is in the semi final and final.

Well you need to consider the bigger picture then. If you're getting upset because our manager 'only' averages 1 trophy a season you're expectations have become too unrealistic.
perhaps you want to inform us what the bigger picture is. Ive supported this club for as long as I can remember and I'm just shy of 40, I've seen a lot worse than what was served up 10 years ago. We had an average squad who achieved average results and league placings 10 years ago. I don't think my expectations need managing when I expect this expensively assembled squad to challenge for the title not end up in a fight for 4th fully 13 points behind Leicester. I don't expect us to routinely hand teams like Madrid their arses, what I do expect is a manager who can see what is happening and feckin change it, a manager with a plan feckin B. What I do expect is a team that are not prepared to be beaten without putting up a fight.

Last edited:
What has a decade ago got to do with us now ?? we are almost a completely different club. Massively underperforming for the money spent and the expectations. These people are paid astronomical amounts of money and treated like gods, to perform for 90 mins per week, and they have not done that. we have gone backwards under Manuel. Yes we have won 3 trophies but i could manage a team with those players and get the same reaction from them.

Cant wait for him to fuck off, zero passion. Look at Simeone and Pep the way they instil fight and belief to their players

Just maybe we have a group of players who just don't have that mindset - in other words don't have the fighting mentality - Mancini found that out too!!! there is a serious lack of leaders - MP has limitations but we can't push all blame to him. Part of this group threw a fucking final vs Wigan

Not just MP but the players bar a few exceptions have let us down too

What has a decade ago got to do with us now ??

Because you should know what it's like to support a really shit team. A team who's only ambition is 'let's not get relegated'. Now we have fans getting upset because we havent won the league three years on the trot.

We've not done exceptionally well under Pellegrini by any means, but some of our fans have become too greedy.

Because you should know what it's like to support a really shit team. A team who's only ambition is 'let's not get relegated'. Now we have fans getting upset because we havent won the league three years on the trot.

We've not done exceptionally well under Pellegrini by any means, but some of our fans have become too greedy.

that is exactly the mindset the club got rid of years ago, we are not the club of yester-year, I have been going since 1975 and seen some shit. I think we have a right to be well and truly pissed off with the last 2 years performances.

perhaps you want to inform us what the bigger picture is. Ive supported this club for as long as I can remember and I'm just shy of 40, I've seen a lot worse than what was served up 10 years ago. We had an average squad who achieved average results and league placings. I don't think my expectations need managing when I expect this expensively assembled squad to challenge for the title not end up in a fight for 4th. I don't expect us to routinely hand teams like Madrid their arses, what I do expect is a manager who can see what is happening a feckin change it. What I do expect is a team that are not prepared to be beaten without putting up a fight.

I agree about not putting up a fight. But you don't get within one goal of a champions league final without fighting.

Pellegrini is a cool head. His culture is different to ours, he's not a character that's going to blow his head every two minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.