...end of the journey

blueshortshorts

IF we win the title on Sunday it will feel like closure on a chapter of our history that started in 99. I don't believe I'll feel the same elation/relief as I did that day, because we had EVERYTHING to lose back then. We all know deep down that if things don't go our way on Sunday , it's far from the end of the world, we have the luxury of time and money. So for me it will be a quiet sense of satisfaction, that the team I have followed for 41 years are finally back where they belong.

Nah bollox to that ....I'll be going feckin mental!!

...nah the latest chapter started after the playoffs for me, we've been on the up ever since ( well apart from nearly going bankrupt, and one relegation !!! I think the previous Chapter was probably post 81 FA cup to 99...the years it all steadily unravelled!

See what you mean about the 99 thing. Before Horlock scored it was so typically us. Thing us though, we were shit for years before that! That may have been our lowest ebb, but in many ways it was also the rebirth of us.
I'm just about coming to terms that in 72 hours time we have a massive chance of being champions. Infact no, fuck that typical City nonsense. In 72 hours we WILL be champions!

Pigeonho said:
See what you mean about the 99 thing. Before Horlock scored it was so typically us. Thing us though, we were shit for years before that! That may have been our lowest ebb, but in many ways it was also the rebirth of us.
I'm just about coming to terms that in 72 hours time we have a massive chance of being champions. Infact no, fuck that typical City nonsense. In 72 hours we WILL be champions!
Rebirth...that's the term I was looking for! Well said mate!

I haven't been around long enough, but if we do make the grade it will probably be a good time for reflecting on the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.