Energy, the environment & climate change.

There really isn’t a more horrible Brit is there

A quote from the bbc website report on climate clubs.

Mr Harman-Turner, who lives in Brockley in south-east London, said he believed football clubs could help lead the way in making fans aware of the issues around climate change, and get them involved in innovative ways.
"Manchester City have been collecting rainwater on the stadium roof and they're turning it into a matchday beer - that's the sort of thing that feels really interesting, and really powerful, as this subject matter can quite often be quite dry," he said.

Well done City.

I have a background in aircraft electrical/avionics/electronics, but I have also done some work related Environmental Protection type stuff.

Personally, I think a lot of the early take up 'green' energy companies are using it to secure future profits and not necessarily thinking about the environment. A work colleague (electrical engineer) who had PV's fitted to his roof a number of years ago now devised a way of maximising the output from his panels by applying a trickle flow of water across the panel to keep them cool and increase their efficiency (using a modified greenhouse automatic watering system). He managed to get a 30% increase in output over about 6 months, which he was feeding back to the grid. Out of the blue he got a knock on the door from his supplier, and and was told in no uncertain terms to pack it in or they'd be forced to disconnect the panels.
Why?

For most of my life I have loved watching David Attenborough. Love the man. These last ten years I always feel a sense of sadness as he tells how another species is on its arse. I don’t watch them as much. I have three grandkids and I worry what will they have to put up with because the power did fuck all?

I just hope we see saving the planet as the biggest economic, as well as ecological win and not too expensive. It’s like being on the Titanic as it was going down and worrying if you left the gas on at home. Priorities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.