Engerland squad v Italy

M M

mat

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/squad-named-italy-berne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/ ... taly-berne</a>

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Jake Livermore (Tottenham Hotspur), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

ah.jpg

Forgot about this fucking shit friendly.

Nice to see Roy giving some of the younger players a chance and I am guessing many of the teams will be happy that some of the regulars have got over looked for this needless friendly before the season starts.

Richards I am glad is missing out. After the Olympics it will be nice for him to stay around the club and work on his fitness a bit more and get back to the level of last season asap.

Regardless of whether he played in the Olympics (plenty of players who did are in there), consider this:

Carrick - "Don't pick me in the squad unless I am going to start games, I don't want to be a bit part player. I can't hold down a place at United - and not for rotation reasons - and I'm nowhere near one of the best midfielders in the country over the last 2 years"

CALLED UP BY HODGSON

Richards - "Don't pick me as a stand by player when there are right backs injured and I've been the best right back in the country for the last 2 or 3 years"

SHUNNED BY HODGSON

How much do you want to bet that it is reported in the next week that Hodgson was 'disappointed by Richards' attitude' and has hinted that this is why he is not picking him.

Frank Lampard, ffs. Why?

Also, Im glad Ashley Young is in the squad and I hope he gets to play a full game. Just to remind me how shite he is and how much I detest that diving cheating ****

As England squads go that one is piss poor. I realise they are resting a few players however Butland, Bertrand, Caulker, Livermore and Rodwell aren't even regulars for their club sides! If that's a representation of the "youth" coming through for England then we're going to be mediocre at best for years to come.

Matty said:
As England squads go that one is piss poor. I realise they are resting a few players however Butland, Bertrand, Caulker, Livermore and Rodwell aren't even regulars for their club sides! If that's a representation of the "youth" coming through for England then we're going to be mediocre at best for years to come.

In fairness, Caulker played a full season on loan at Swansea very well, so his inclusion makes sense as I think he looks a good prospect. The others I agree, especially Livermore, doesn't look exciting at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.