England City players

bluevengence

With the signing of Milner we will have eight England first team players on the books

Hart
Richards
Lescott
Bridge
Milner
Barry
A Jonhson
SWP

I can`t remenber us having this many before ..anyone know any different ?

You can't really count bridge & richards, and it doesn't fit with the City ruining the national team argument

There are two competitions that we could run on here:

1 ... which premier league team could field the best "Over 30's" team; every player, irresepctiive of nationality, has to be "owned" by the club, and over thirty as of today.

2 .... which premier league team could field the best "English Team", same rules as above excpet the over 30 bit .... so we could include Ned in ours.

... and the Winners are ...???

1 ... the Swampdwellers I would guess but I don't know.

2 ... the Boys in Blue ... add Ned to 8 in the OP list, add a couple of youngsters and away you go ... no other team could match that I'm sure.

.. and all this from the Club that had the last English Team to win the FA Cup and the last English Team to win the top Division ... and it was so long ago I can't exactly recall but were we also the last (only) English Team to win a European Cup ...?????

Cheers

myleftfoot said:
This is our perfect opportunity to ruin not only the premier league but also the England team. we just wait for the right time (important qualifying game) then pull the lot out of the squad due to injury and fatigue etc. the whole media circus will go into meltdown :)

maybe we'll ruin the England team so much they'll actually win something

Our English Players:

Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge, Michael Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Adam Johnson, Stuart Taylor, Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, Joe Hart, Shaleum Logan, Javan Vidal and Alex Tchiumeni-Nimely.

Yup, ruining the national team, guys.

Joe Hart

Richards
Bridge
Lescott
Logan

Vidal
Johnson, A.
Johnson, M.
Wright-Philips
Barry

Nimely.

Subs: Taylor.

I was gonna put a thread up on a similar subject to this, but slightly different. Last season after our spending someone mentioned that we had a good England contingent and that the top clubs like Liveprool and Chelsea have had a backbnone of players in the England squad in recent years. It was pretty hollow, looking back. Our England contingent consisted of players who aren't good enough to get in the first 11 (SWP, Lescott, Bridge) or who's days are very much numbered (Barry).

All of a sudden we find ourselves with potentially Englands number 1 for the next 15 years in Joe and half of Englands midfield for the next decade in Milner and Johnno. This is how it's done - by signing the younger talent who grow and improve and become better players, not by signing over the hill players who are past their best and on the decline before you even sign them. We could have 3 very important players for England over the next few years, not just plastic fringe players who were never quite good enough to cut it at the top

MCFC BOB said:
Our English Players:

Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge, Michael Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Adam Johnson, Stuart Taylor, Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, Joe Hart, Shaleum Logan, Javan Vidal and Alex Tchiumeni-Nimely.

Yup, ruining the national team, guys.

Joe Hart

Richards
Bridge
Lescott
Logan

Vidal
Johnson, A.
Johnson, M.
Wright-Philips
Barry

Nimely.

Subs: Taylor.
You forgot Milner ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.