England u19's

FantasyIreland said:
The next few years will be interesting,we have kids in their early to mid teens who will be hard to ignore,already Patching and Humphries(Captain no less....) have International recognition.

I think our academy may very well be the 'go to' model in the very near future:-)

When I started watching the youth/reserves teams, I was too young that i can't even remember the names now but later I remember Tony Towers etc & then Paul Power, Ged Keegan, Barnes, Gary Owen then the period with Moulden, White, Lake etc, then more recently Barton, Ireland, SWP, Micah.

I don't get to see too many live games atm (hoping that will soon change) but what i do see of the different age groups, I recon we have more potential players at the club right now, than if you pooled all of the best ones, in all of the years I have been watching City, together.

Through experience I know that some kids who people think are nailed on, will probably fall by the wayside, & some who seem like future stars to me, will turn to shit, but there are just so MANY kids doing such clever shit at such a high level, that surely some of these HAVE to make it ? Maybe a few big ones too ?

You only have to look at Bojan playing for Stoke to see that not all will do it, but we seem to have more in the queue. for every one we see.

This is going to be a really exciting time for City when it all comes together i recon. More exciting for me, even than the last few years have been.

As much as i agree with both of you, we do however have to accept the fact that last year we set the record for most english kids called up the different youth sides

spinzer said:
As much as i agree with both of you, we do however have to accept the fact that last year we set the record for most english kids called up the different youth sides

I remember that, but where the fuck do they go ?

I've seen games at various age groups & seen some kid from City & thought 'wow he's been tremendous' so I tune in next time that England team plays, & there's some bang average spotty faced rag with big ears & a square head & no sign of our lad. Then I look at the same team next time & no sign of him again. Our kids at England level seem to me as if they disappear like Kim Jong Un's rivals.

We have 4 lads in the latest England u19s squad, Gunn, Smith-Brown, Bryan and Barker. Well done to them, great achievement to have 4 lads in one squad

Awesome news for the individuals and the academy!

MCFCReserves&Academy ‏@MCFC_EDS_ACAD
Well done & good luck to 4 #MCFC player @AngusGunn01 @AshSmithBrown @keanB07 & @BrandonBarker96 4 #EnglandU19s squad

squirtyflower said:
Anyone fancy going over to watch them?
Probably be a good day out what with no PL that weekend. Some good pubs round there.

Can't personally (work shifts) so will have to catch it on telly. (BT Sport showing it).

FantasyIreland said:
Awesome news for the individuals and the academy!

MCFCReserves&Academy ‏@MCFC_EDS_ACAD
Well done & good luck to 4 #MCFC player @AngusGunn01 @AshSmithBrown @keanB07 & @BrandonBarker96 4 #EnglandU19s squad

Wonder if our wonderful British media will give us any credit,seeing the bastards always comment on us having no Englishmen.I wont hold me fooking breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.