England v Ecuador

I hope that is the team, it will give a few players a chance to shine and stake a claim.

Wilshere and Barkley are the two that I will keep a close eye on.

sam-caddick said:
Rooney will play against Italy because if we get beat without him Roy will get the media witch hunt after him, but I do sense a turn in the tides that many are starting to see his recent poor performances for England a concern and even questioning whether he is the problem.

I reckon if he fails to deliver in these two friendlies coming up and also against Italy I think he will find himself benched.

Let's bloody hope so.

Shrek is no longer worth his place in the England team on reputation or what he might deliver.

I'm pleased for James. We all know he is more than capable of replacing Johnson at right-back; he's slotted in there on many occasions for us over the seasons.

However, we are all aware of how much Hodgson loves his Liverpool players, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson back in the team for the group games.

Absolute joke that he hasn't taken 2 right backs with him, did he think taking 2 'versatile' (not good enough in their proper position) centre halves from the rags would be enough?

Team for the WC should be

--------------------------------Hart---------------------------
--Milner---------Jagielka--------Cahill----Baines----
--------------------Gerrard----------Henderson------------
----------Lallana------------Barkley----------Sterling--
--------------------------------Sturridge------------------

Whilst im 1 of Jimmy's biggest fans, there is absolutely no fucking way we should be using him at right back in the world cup finals, it basically goes to show what a dearth of talent we have as a country in that position.

Now if were talking about playing him as 1 of the 2 sitting midfielders alongside Gerrard that would be different id start him 100 times out of 100 ahead of Wilshire and Henderson, Lampard should be used as a substitue only if were desperate for a goal

gazinho said:
Whilst im 1 of Jimmy's biggest fans, there is absolutely no fucking way we should be using him at right back in the world cup finals, it basically goes to show what a dearth of talent we have as a country in that position.

Now if were talking about playing him as 1 of the 2 sitting midfielders alongside Gerrard that would be different id start him 100 times out of 100 ahead of Wilshire and Henderson, Lampard should be used as a substitue only if were desperate for a goal

I think Milner would do an excellent job as a right back and could make that position his own.

I've said it before but I think Pellegrini should also look at Milner becoming a 2nd right back behind Zaba

In the two warm up games before the world cup kicks off, in the fact we have had 4 years since the last world cup, why are we still trying players in differing combinations and positions??? shouldn't we by now know?

Dodgemeister said:
In the two warm up games before the world cup kicks off, in the fact we have had 4 years since the last world cup, why are we still trying players in differing combinations and positions??? shouldn't we by now know?

You're right, he's still unsure on how to play. He should know by now, it starts in 8 days.

gazinho said:

Jimmy is his own worst enemy in a way, because he's so good in so many positions, he fails to hold down one as his own.

Dodgemeister said:
I was just about to post the same. We've got two games left before we kick-off and we're still fannying around with different players, formations and positions.

I can understand the need to try out realistic combos that may crop up due to injuries/subs/suspensions etc, but this team he's putting out tonight won't play a single minute together as a whole entity during the World Cup so I really can't see the point. These games should be for fine tuning, not giving yourself a headache because a utility midfielder suddenly plays a blinder at right back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.