England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

My take was that like other's the biggest foult in Southgate tactic was the double six in midfield. But ok if you want to play like that your third midfielder have to be very forward thinking for me the biggest problem of the midfield was Mount he was poor he is England playmaker why is no one talking about it ?
Other is the front 3 . You have Harry a natural goalscorer. Why not play foden/sterling on the left and Sancho on the right and kross in the he fucking box. Another thing is Grealish he came on in place of Foden and he was terrible he played like England was winning and it became all start stopp . The little flow of the game did stopp all because how he played. Well that's my take.

Every time I think it’s time to give the national team a fresh start and take an interest they just revert to type and play as though they’ve only met each other a fortnight ago.
From top to bottom the coaching and management team just fail to inspire. Even with the collection of riches we currently have available they manage to pick an 11 that’s set up to not lose as opposed to go out and win.
The fact that Foden, one of our brightest lights is being made the scapegoat in some quarters makes me think the national team will never win or even impress in another tournament for the foreseeable. It’s a bit grim but entirely expected.
Such a waste.

Knew foden would be made the scapegoat. Maybe if Southgate played him in his best position and stopped taking off the only attacking threat we had, we might look a bit better.

Two defensive/holding midfielders why?
Because he’s playing not to lose.

I can kind of forgive it for Croatia despite an ageing Modric but he effectively played into the hands of Scotland who were always going to have 5 in MF. So we further congested that space by giving up pace and creativity for a stodgy double DM. What I found even stranger was that he wouldn’t let fat boy Shaw or James get forward on the wings.
I was pretty impressed with Scotland. 5 in MF out of possession then moving to a 6 with it. It caused all kinds of problems for England.

I would of played a single 6; Mount as an 8; Grealish 10 with Foden left, Kane centre and Sancho right. Sterling as a sub for either side. Walker and Chilwell as the WB’s....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.