England vs Iceland - Euro 2016: Last 16 - 27/06/16

MCFC1993

f19f405fbd.png

Thought I’d put this one up early for discussion.

20:00 Kick off time (UK). Match takes place in Nice.

Coverage begins at 19:00 on ITV1. Wright, Dixon and Crouch in the studio, Tyldesley and Hoddle on commentary.

England were a mixed bag in the group, probably the best they looked for some time in a tournament but they really struggled against teams that just park the bus. They only picked up 5 points in the group, beating top of the group Wales in the process. Dier has looked fairly solid in midfield and Walker has probably been the best player at right back with Rose not far behind him on the other side. England need to play with width going forward, it was too narrow against Slovakia. Question marks over who plays up front, personally, I’d go with Sturridge.

Goal scorers so far: Dier (1), Vardy (1), Sturridge (1).

Iceland have probably achieved what they set out to do, they are the smallest nation in it and they’ve qualified for the knockout stage. Managing to draw to Portugal and Hungary and beat Austria in the process, they were probably in the perfect group. The could cause England a few problems but I expect them to park the bus and hope for something from a set piece or counter attack or possibly even penalties. Probably worth noting they have scored in every game so far.

Goal scorers so far: B. Bjarnason (1), G. Sigurdsson (1), Boedvarsson (1), Traustason (1).

The winner of this game will play France or Ireland.

I know most will say this but hopefully it’s the game England actually click, 2-0 to England.

Last edited:
Just hope he plays a TEAM that shows a bit more tempo and passing ability.
I think Stones should start. We should be good enough to win this one.

Looking forward to it, just hope they don't have one eye on France as it will be a tough task to break Iceland down and they need to be fully focused on that.

Annoying how the pundits are trying to build this game up to be a struggle... It's gonna be a walk in the park and a mere formality. Sorry Iceland.

Sterling starting tomorrow ahead of lallana as per Telegraph... Hope the pep talk has helped... He will need it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.