England Women v Latvia

Baffles me as to why these ties are played....what do Latvia learn from getting hammered? Did they go into the game assumi9ng they were as good as England only to be taught a lesson? Same in the mens game - look at England mens last couple of games. Its all about generating cash but it fucks up domestic leagues.........

Baffles me as to why these ties are played....what do Latvia learn from getting hammered? Did they go into the game assumi9ng they were as good as England only to be taught a lesson? Same in the mens game - look at England mens last couple of games. Its all about generating cash but it fucks up domestic leagues.........
Men’s international football was the same up until the 90s.

Professional vs Amateur will always be like this.

The problem the Women’s game has is how committed nations are to growing their football.

If they aren’t, then they shouldn’t be put in the same section of qualifiers.

Men’s international football was the same up until the 90s.

Professional vs Amateur will always be like this.

The problem the Women’s game has is how committed nations are to growing their football.

If they aren’t, then they shouldn’t be put in the same section of qualifiers.
FIFA/UEFA should insist on a minimum budget for the women's team if you want to enter the competition, and it should be tied to how much you spend on the men's team.

Having said that, I think everyone has the right to represent their country, and if they're shit, so what? Did people learn nothing from Cool Runnings?

FIFA/UEFA should insist on a minimum budget for the women's team if you want to enter the competition, and it should be tied to how much you spend on the men's team.

Having said that, I think everyone has the right to represent their country, and if they're shit, so what? Did people learn nothing from Cool Runnings?
I just think both the men's and women's game needs putting into 2 competitions per gender.
Good team and shit teams.
FIFA want the world cup every 2 years? There you go.... alternate the 2 competitions. Stick San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra and the Isle of Man into one tournament and let the big boys / girls compete against each other.
The 4 semi finalists in the shit league move up into the big boys / girls league and the worst 4 in the big leagues go the opposite way.

I just think both the men's and women's game needs putting into 2 competitions per gender.
Good team and shit teams.
FIFA want the world cup every 2 years? There you go.... alternate the 2 competitions. Stick San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra and the Isle of Man into one tournament and let the big boys / girls compete against each other.
The 4 semi finalists in the shit league move up into the big boys / girls league and the worst 4 in the big leagues go the opposite way.
FIFA only want a tournament every two years so they can continue to suck more money out of the game using clubs' players. There's no way they'd be interested in a tournament that doesn't result in a shitload of TV money and brown envelopes.

Absolutely. I`d be happy if we kept international to a bear minimum. No friendlies and no games against footballing minnows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.