Epstein / Prince Andrew / Maxwell

Police have defended the decision not to pursue a full investigation of the allegations made against Prince Andrew.

Virginia Roberts-Giuffre says she was trafficked by convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and allegedly had sex with Prince Andrew in 2001 when she was 17 years old.

The prince has repeatedly denied he had "any form of sexual contact or relationship" with Mrs Roberts-Giuffre, adding "any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation".

Met Police Commander Alex Murray said in July 2015 the force confirmed it had received an allegation of non-recent trafficking for sexual exploitation made against a US national, Jeffrey Epstein, and a British woman.

He said the allegation related to events which took place outside of the UK as well as an allegation of trafficking to London in March 2001.

Mr Murray said: "The MPS always takes any allegations concerning sexual exploitation seriously.

"Officers assessed the available evidence, interviewed the complainant and obtained early investigative advice from the Crown Prosecution Service."

He added: "Following the legal advice, it was clear that any investigation into human trafficking would be largely focused on activities and relationships outside the UK.

"We therefore concluded that the MPS was not the appropriate authority to conduct enquiries in these circumstances and, in November 2016, a decision was made that this matter would not proceed to a full criminal investigation."

After Epstein died in August, Mr Murray said the MPS reviewed the decision making and added its position remains unchanged.

He said: "The MPS has liaised with other law enforcement organisations but has not received a formal request asking for assistance in connection with this allegation."

The police defending their decision comes as BBC Panorama released a trailer ahead of its interview with Mrs Roberts-Giuffre expected to air on Monday.

In the clip, she said: "He knows what happened, I know what happened and there's only one of us telling the truth."
They Subbed the case to Merseyside police so it was expected...

She told her dad she had an interview to be a private masseuse.
I have a daughter.
I’d have said “ oh no you don’t young lady”...

Ive been getting at this for weeks on this thread. He has not done anything wrong

No one is allowed to speak common sense anymore. Thankfully I do not give a fuck and say exactly what I feel in all instances. I absolutely guarantee that when she shagged him she was boasting to all her mates for weeks. Now acting like this. Anyone with half a brain cell can see through it.

He should have just said yes I boned her a few times. Great ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.