Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the gametime he saw in the second half of the season will make this a tough decision, if its about money he will be off.
I am not sure if I was him I would be thinking
I have only played because the majority of the games have been pointless and they want me to sigh
Oh and if I’m that valuable why are you chasing 2 starting CH
I guess depends what Barca promise him

Think to connect it to Guardiola's staying is hogwash. By that same token, his agent would be concerned about returning to Barcelona for fear of the long-term prospects of Setién.

Out of interest, Garcia never even made the squad for the away leg in Madrid, so does he start on Friday?

Both Garcia and Foden were essentially bench warmers until after the CV-19 break, when the league was long since lost. Phil seized the opportunity and must surely be firmly in Pep’s sights from this point on. The genie is out of the bottle! Eric Garcia benefited from Stones and Ota being out of favour but - depending on signings - will probably return to his old place in the pecking order next season.

Think to connect it to Guardiola's staying is hogwash. By that same token, his agent would be concerned about returning to Barcelona for fear of the long-term prospects of Setién.

Out of interest, Garcia never even made the squad for the away leg in Madrid, so does he start on Friday?
Yes. Seeing how he was always paired with Laporte. Even if the league was gone Pep still wanted to win the FA cup and wants the pairing to have continuity. Madrid will press high like Liverpool and there are concerns defensively, but he gives us the best chance of moving the ball around the press to attack.

I suspect the gametime he saw in the second half of the season will make this a tough decision, if its about money he will be off.
Barca have no money this summer. We're almost certainly offering a higher wage.

If Pep starts him on Friday and then he leaves then fuck him.

But the price quoted so far is 10m euros + addons, so upfront like 8-9m pounds.

Fucking hell we cannot go and get a noname 16/17 year old Brazilian from Brazil second league for that amount.

Couto guy and Diego Rosa might be talented youngsters, but they cost us more than 10m euros each and they might never ever played a serious game with stake...

Barca is taking the piss with the pricing here, lets make an offer for Frenkie De Jong for 25m euros just to see how they like it.

Both Garcia and Foden were essentially bench warmers until after the CV-19 break, when the league was long since lost. Phil seized the opportunity and must surely be firmly in Pep’s sights from this point on. The genie is out of the bottle! Eric Garcia benefited from Stones and Ota being out of favour but - depending on signings - will probably return to his old place in the pecking order next season.

With the fixture congestion there are going to be a lot of midweek matches and a lot more swapping out even the players who normally start every game - Walker, Laporte, Sterling etc.

I would not be surprised at all if there was something like a 65-35 split between Laporte/Ake and Koulibaly/Garcia.

It really boils down to one simple thing IMO - are Barcelona offering him a starting spot. If they are, he'd be stupid to turn it down really. I don't think they are though. It's more like a "Pique's only got a couple of seasons left" role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.