Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we'll sign Haaland this summer if Dortmund get CL football which makes the decision to basically tell Sergio he won't be needed next season seem a bit hasty. If we decide to wait a year and pay the release clause then surely Aguero would've been a perfect option to have for certain games.

Haaland comes next season Pep only has one year left doesn’t he? So Pep extension as well?
A lot will depend upon the final result, if he wins, is his job briefing fulfilled?

Or will be stay and want to be a serial Champions League winner?

Watching how he celebrated their winning goal at the weekend makes me think it's because it affects whether he himself plays Champions League football next season, ie - he's gonna stay one more year with them.

It wouldn't be a complete shock if Haaland did stay for another season. Dortmund might even try and renegotiate a new deal with either a bigger release clause or it being removed altogether.

Last edited:
Watching how he celebrated their winning goal at the weekend makes me think it's because it affects whether he himself plays Champions League football next season, ie - he's gonna stay one more year with them.

People here have this weird image that a player must be in absolute misery in order to leave a club. That has been the Messi thread all year “oh, he looks sad... he’s leaving” “oh he’s smiling, no way he leaves!”. These things are totally unrelated. The “winning goal” was by... Jadon Sancho, who also celebrated effusively, and is also leaving. It’s the team he’s at the moment, his friends etc. Of course he’s happy. Just like Aguero would celebrate if we won the UCL.
And even though I maintain that it ultimately won’t matter, I want to repeat that Dortmund has a more difficult two final games to qualify than Frankfurt, and only one point ahead

It wouldn't be a complete shock if Haaland did stay for another season. Dortmund might even try and renegotiate a new deal with either a bigger release clause or it being removed altoghether.
Lol Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.