Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea gonna dominate for the next five years if we aren’t careful.
I don't buy that, not because of one signing. It would certainly strengthen them massively, but spending that big on Haaland would also limit their ability to improve their team in other areas. And if you depend on a few star players, you are more vulnerable to injuries / loss of form. But it would be a huge statement.

I don't buy that, not because of one signing. It would certainly strengthen them massively, but spending that big on Haaland would also limit their ability to improve their team in other areas. And if you depend on a few star players, you are more vulnerable to injuries / loss of form. But it would be a huge statement.

Chelsea already have a damn good team. With or without Haaland, they will be a big threat and challenge us.

Haaland improves their team massively, imo, more than Kane improves ours. He offers what they don't have. Kane in our team simply replaces a better player who was unavailable last season through injury. At a huge cost as well. It is an improvement to last season, sure. It isn't really moving the squad forward though, not for me.

Chelsea already have a damn good team. With or without Haaland, they will be a big threat and challenge us.

Haaland improves their team massively, imo, more than Kane improves ours. He offers what they don't have. Kane in our team simply replaces a better player who was unavailable last season through injury. At a huge cost as well. It is an improvement to last season, sure. It isn't really moving the squad forward though, not for me.
They will sign a player for each position they feel is needed.

What Chelsea are doing now is what we were doing weeks ago regarding Haaland talks we come to the conclusion that Dortmund want sell for a reasonable fee plus then the hawking around Europe by agent/father now seem it’s Kane Pep wants! Bottom line if city wanted Haaland and the lad wants city he could wait till next summer and sign for us for a “reasonable “ package!

Chelsea gonna dominate for the next five years if we aren’t careful.
Nah mate, just can't see that happening, the mentality of the club doesn't operate like that. Sure they'll have a little spurt with tuchel but that will last about 18 months before it ends in tears.
Someone else will come in and it'll be rinse and repeat.

If Haaland goes to Chelsea how long do people really believe he would stay for

We want a player to want to be part of our project long term and to be committed to the cause.

3 years down the line I can see Mino causing shit and pushing for a move to Spain.

Mino to me is the biggest concern for City

I think Chelsea are putting the groundwork in for next year… they seem to be the only ones really at the table now, but the fee is so high that it’s probably not going to happen but come next summer they are front and centre of the queue - all the hard work is done and it may be difficult for other clubs to get into the race. The one club I wouldn’t discount completely is Bayern - they are lurking in the background and they will be in the market for a striker soon - they effectively control the Bundesliga - so they may be playing a cool hand behind the scenes.

I wonder if Chelsea are attempting to include players as part of the deal?

If Haaland goes to Chelsea how long do people really believe he would stay for

We want a player to want to be part of our project long term and to be committed to the cause.

3 years down the line I can see Mino causing shit and pushing for a move to Spain.

Mino to me is the biggest concern for City
If he signs a five year contract and only stays those five years, that is fine with me. If in the fourth year someone comes with a big check, that’s fine too. I repeat, it’s unrealistic to expect ANY player to come and stay the rest of their career here
However, a superstar player that is able to compete at the highest level at their current club AND has every reason to stay, not only for the sporting reasons but because they make more money that way. Messi stayed his entire career in Barcelona and is a rich man. Cristiano Ronaldo with 6 years at United then 9 years in Madrid, the same. Anyone who thinks Raiola doesn’t understand what every other agent understands, besides overestimating his own role in Haaland’s career planning, is also underestimating his own aptitude

From what a lot of people are saying, Levi won't sell to Chelsea. Just like how he refused to sell Modric to them. I don't know how true that is, but Kane would be seen more of a Judas if he went to them instead of us.
I understand that but Spuds are not in a strong position. Kane has backed them into a corner. If the best offer in from Chelsea they're going to have to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.