Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think a more allround striker like Isak or Lautaro would suit us much better than a pure poacher like Haaland. People seem to forget that Aguero almost left when Pep came because Pep demands the striker to do be able to do everything in attack.

Of course Haaland could probably take the same route as Aguero and improve his overall game, but it makes more sense buy someone who already have that allroundness to his game. I'm unsure how Haaland would adapt to us given that his technique and build up play is questionable and definitely not on the level we require at the moment. He's phenomenal at the moment, but would he be as good for us, I'm not so sure

I honestly think a more allround striker like Isak or Lautaro would suit us much better than a pure poacher like Haaland. People seem to forget that Aguero almost left when Pep came because Pep demands the striker to do be able to do everything in attack.

Of course Haaland could probably take the same route as Aguero and improve his overall game, but it makes more sense buy someone who already have that allroundness to his game. I'm unsure how Haaland would adapt to us given that his technique and build up play is questionable and definitely not on the level we require at the moment. He's phenomenal at the moment, but would he be as good for us, I'm not so sure

Isak doesnt look that great - young I know but nothing from the clips ive seen strike me to believe he will be top class and Matrinez has already said supposedly that he only wants Barca.....so if thats true then thats us out of it.

Isak doesnt look that great - young I know but nothing from the clips ive seen strike me to believe he will be top class and Matrinez has already said supposedly that he only wants Barca.....so if thats true then thats us out of it.
I've seen a lot of him, not only highlights. Followed the guy since he was 16 because he played for my local team. He's not really a youtube player. His main qualities are positioning, understanding of the game, first touch, technique and being a natural finisher. These are traits that becomes apparent when you watch full games of him rather than highlights

He's very technical and mobile for his height which probably stands out when you watch highlights of him, also that he's very ambidextrous. Isak is also very good at linking up with teammates, which can not be said for Haaland. I think Pep would love Isak, he's very much a "thinking" forward if that makes any sense. Isak also has that selfless mentality which Pep requires from his players (that can also be said about Haaland)

I'd say Lautaro is better than Isak on current level, but Isak has a higher ceiling. Not really that much between them at the moment, but Isak is two years younger and got all the raw attributes that makes a future world class striker in my opinion. Pep could probably make him realise his true potential. It's very seldom you see a striker having very good physical and technical traits while still having elite mental traits

Against the low deep blocks that we always finds us up against I think Isak's allroundness and excellent ability to find spaces in tight areas would make him a better buy than Haaland and Lautaro. Especially if you consider value for money

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of him, not only highlights. Followed the guy since he was 16 because he played for my local team. He's not really a youtube player. His main qualities are positioning, understanding of the game, first touch, technique and being a natural finisher. These are traits that becomes apparent when you watch full games of him rather than highlights

He's very technical and mobile for his height which probably stands out when you watch highlights of him, also that he's very ambidextrous. Isak is also very good at linking up with teammates, which can not be said for Haaland. I think Pep would love Isak, he's very much a "thinking" forward if that makes any sense. Isak also has that selfless mentality which Pep requires from his players (that can also be said about Haaland)

I'd say Lautaro is better than Isak on current level, but Isak has a higher ceiling. Not really that much between them at the moment, but Isak is two years younger and got all the raw attributes that makes a future world class striker in my opinion. Pep could probably make him realise his true potential. It's very seldom you see a striker having very good physical and technical traits while still having elite mental traits

Against the low deep blocks that we always finds us up against I think Isak's allroundness and excellent ability to find spaces in tight areas would make him a better buy than Haaland and Lautaro. Especially if you consider value for money

Lewandowski isn't the same type of striker as Aguero or Laturo but pep played to his strengths perfectly and he was a success in Pep's system.

On top of that Lewandowski is humble, intelligent and works hard for his team.
Pep adored him.
Yup. Bayern was ready for Pep ball from day one unlike us in 2016. Lewa as the best allround striker + Alaba and Kimmich as the best inverted fullbacks in the world (both natural midfielders)

" Håaland completed his transfer to Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund a couple of days before the January 2020 winter transfer window for a fee reported to be in the region of €20 million, signing a four-and-a-half-year contract "

Thats cheaper than most of our back up players !
Why couldn't we sign and loan him to Dortmund ?
Or sign him and let him compete with Jesus ?

What were Txiki, Pep & full time scouts doing when this opportunity was there ?

" Håaland completed his transfer to Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund a couple of days before the January 2020 winter transfer window for a fee reported to be in the region of €20 million, signing a four-and-a-half-year contract "

Thats cheaper than most of our back up players !
Why couldn't we sign and loan him to Dortmund ?
Or sign him and let him compete with Jesus ?

What were Txiki, Pep & full time scouts doing when this opportunity was there ?

I'm sure I read that Haaland had already earmarked Dortmund as a club he wanted to move too next. Think it was straight forward for both parties. He's above the level of being bought and loaned out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.