Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stretch at this point...he's destroyed every league he's joined so far. From day one. He's physically MADE for the EPL.

The stretch for me on this forum is that the majority say Harry Kane is a massive risk even though he's proven but Haaland isn't.

I generally believe Haaland would do it over here but I don't get the argument Harry Kane is a risk but Haaland isn't.

This is the kind of comment I can’t wrap my head around. If you are a player of his caliber, it would be INSANE not to listen to every club that wants you. Hear what their projects are, what they offer and expect of you etc. If I were him and the club that just won the Champions League and is looking to be stronger next season wants to talk to me, I would have to be irresponsible not to listen to what they have to say. And I highly doubt the view that some people have that our club can’t stand the thought of a player we want talking to other clubs is true... based on evidence of past transfers. This is how business works. It’s arrogant to have a mindset of expecting players to only want us without considering the landscape. At least that’s not the unrealistic expectation I have
Never said anything was wrong with it mate I’m just saying it isn’t how city do business. I’m not daft enough to assume haaland wouldn’t listen to any offers but at the same time I don’t buy into the he loves city and is desperate to join narrative that some in here believe. As you point out he has every right to talk to whoever he wants to but city rightly or wrongly don’t get involved in bidding wars. So either haaland tells his agent and Dortmund he only wants city or it won’t happen imo and that is why I suspect the haaland to city noise died down months ago.

What parts of his game do you think could make him a flop?
His inexperience. The speed and physicality of the PL could surprise him. The weight of a huge transfer fee and the expectation could weigh him down

The risk with Kane are significantly smaller... although if Haaland joined and the risks didn't materialise, he would turn out to be the correct choice in the long run

Our management will know exactly the decision Haaland has made and we will be reacting appropriately.
It's a bit up to Dortmund too...

For me, it's rather a case of whether or not management considers the position of striker an absolute need for upgrade next season.

Never said anything was wrong with it mate I’m just saying it isn’t how city do business. I’m not daft enough to assume haaland wouldn’t listen to any offers but at the same time I don’t buy into the he loves city and is desperate to join narrative that some in here believe. As you point out he has every right to talk to whoever he wants to but city rightly or wrongly don’t get involved in bidding wars. So either haaland tells his agent and Dortmund he only wants city or it won’t happen imo and that is why I suspect the haaland to city noise died down months ago.
Maybe he wants to know what is on offer from everyone before he makes a commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.