Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was isolated for most of that game, no real support against the German champions.
If I judged Kane on one game, well we know what would happen.
I doubt Kane would have done much better to be fair.
The flip side of this is his game at the weekend.

No forward is ever going to do much in complete isolation. It's a reality people need to face regardless of who's going to be up front this season (and beyond).

No forward is ever going to do much in complete isolation. It's a reality people need to face regardless of who's going to be up front this season (and beyond).
True but haaland isn't a link up and play forward. He requires constant services in the area to score. Maybe he will develop in future. He is still very young but right now that's his style. Clinical finisher.

Note: I would be over the moon if haaland joins us next summer!

True but haaland isn't a link up and play forward. He requires constant services in the area to score. Maybe he will develop in future. He is still very young but right now that's his style. Clinical finisher.
That isn’t true of last season and wasn’t true of Salzburg

He got himself into some good positions and crossed the ball and there was no sod there.
You could see him getting frustrated.
Their whole game plan was to sit deep and hit long balls to Haaland and hope he could work miracles.
He wasn’t outstanding tonight but Dortmund were awful so I doubt anyone would be.

That’s how it works. We pay these fees constantly, one of the clubs that pay them the most, in fact. Calling it a “mob” is pretty pathetically naive.
Are people paying attention to this window and how we’re conducting business?
Did people listen to the news that last summer we offered Messi more than the already obscene amount he’s getting from PSG now?
Saying there will be a financial impediment next summer based on what we have now, simply isn’t rooted in reality.
Certainly it turned out to be true that Dortmund weren’t flexible in the fee they wanted for him (reportedly at least 180M), making it impossible for clubs to reach an agreement with them
Well I certainly wouldn't give his "mob" any respect and I think our Management probably have the same feelings towards them, it's why we don't appear to be interested.

There was no substance to the Messi situation last year regards financial deals, just conjecture and posturing, the media would hardly green light us to get the deal done for relatively reasonable value, all they did was pander to the dick heads who lap up the "City are buying the league" mantra. The fact it didn't happen probably tells you the deal was not in the club's interest.

Btw, your post came across a bit condescending, saying "pathetically naive" is invidious and uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.