Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can definitely afford both, they have been selling players off now for 18months. They have made close to 300mill in player sales alone. Then the wages they are saving not having Ramos and Verane is probably worth a few quid.

They obviously have been restricted this year by la liga on spending due to last years revenue being so low. With fans back and tourism I suspect they will be throwing money around next summer.

And I don’t blame them. With Barca being a mess they have the chance to blow the league out of the water.
Bale, Benzema, Isco, Modric & Marcelo contracts all up next summer too.

Well there is nothing we can do about it.

I think I remember people saying how dangerous Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and so forth were going to be. How did that work out?
the only one on that list that i woulnt have had would by Mkhitaryan

Sanchez in particular made a careers deinfing poor decision going to utd (for what ever reason) and he paid for it (and so did they) - he never wanted to go there and supposedly wanted out afte rthe first couple of training sessions...however if he had come to us I think he would have flourished under Pep.

Pogba has been poor for utd (on and off at the very least) but for France is usually very good.....i think Pep would have got a tune out of him

Lukaku was still a consideration for us this summer so Id say he would have been a decent option (obvioulsy not now) but he turned it on at Juve and can see him doing the same for chelsea.

as far as Haaland goes....yes Id have him over Kane but its clear that aint going to happen for whatever reason (most likely that we need someone this season and Haaland aint going anywhere till at least next summer). Also Kane is prem proven (though that doesnt mean he will be an automatic success with us...think of Fernando Torres from Liverpool to Chelsea) and in that repsect Haaland is more of a risk (though one I believe is well worth taking)....

the postives of Haaland over Kane are clear for me...

1. he is more mobile and cold play in a more fluid system.....Kane doesnt have this
2. He is more powerful and pacey than Kane which would revive our ability to play on the break which we just dont really have any more....Kane doesnt have this
3. he is more aggressive than Kane
4. Despite people tryign to deny it, Kane does have injury concerns around his ankle(s).....repeated injuries to the same area are not the same as KDB for instance keep on picking up different injuries.
5. Haaland is younger and has the "potential to be here longer - i know people have pointed out his agents habit of moving players to keep getting the pay days (no one can argue that this doesnt happen - it does - so there is definitely that risk) - however we have done very well at keeping our tip top players who could have easily gone elsewhere - D.Silva, Aguero, KDB even Ferna...all coud have gne on to play for ANY of the other tp teams in the world but have chosen to have long careers with us - its constantly brought up as a positive by those in the know that our club really looks after its players (not just financially) and it is this that causes players to stay......Kompany and his best cold have gone anywhere...he chose to stay and capt us -Kane aint doing that so again the way we treat our players is a real positive for us....fuck even Yaya stayed despite all the shit him and his agent came out with!

Off pitch he is more marektable for sponsors etc

For balance

1. Kane is almost certainly to settle quicker.
2. Kane is almost certainly better in the build up play than Haaland
3. Kane knows the league - he knows the opponents, the demands
4. Kane has the record/experience in this league.....something people think that Pep wants (ie not a project which Haaland would be -and i can get that as well)
5. Kane will almost certainly score goals - as much as anyone can be certain around this.

The negative for Kane himself and us is the potential backlash against him...think of the media shit sterling got (due to the scousers and their media bullshit) - Now Sterling thrived and has grown from it......How will Kane cope....the England captaincy position may help him ride this out as the media will have to be careful how far they go with criticising the England capt BUT any negative from him (on or off field) will be amplified by the media and rag top media - it will add pressure...he wont have the protection of the London based media anymore.

Last edited:
the only one on that list that i woulnt have had would by Mkhitaryan

Sanchez in particular made a careers deinfing poor decision going to utd (for what ever reason) and he paid for it (and so did they) - he never wanted to go there and supposedly wanted out afte rthe first couple of training sessions...however if he had come to us I think he would have flourished under Pep.

Pogba has been poor for utd (on and off at the very elast) but for France is usually very good.....i think Pep would have got a tune out of him

Lukaku was still a consideration for us this summer so Id say he would have been a decent option (obvioulsy not now) but he turned it on at Juve and can see him doing the same for chelsea.
The point isn't who would be a good player for us though, its just the fact the rags have blown hundreds of million on shit and it doesn't matter your previous credentials. The chances are you will fail.

Is Haaland going to repeat that, unlikely because he probably goes to Bayern but if he does I won't be concerned.

I think I remember people saying how dangerous Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and so forth were going to be. How did that work out?

All good players massacred by the great Van Gaal and particularly Jose.

Also letting Moyes boot out Mike Phelan and other backroom staff who were part of their winning culture was a big mistake United made.

Look at the difference it's made to the likes of Shaw now.

Didn't write anything positive about any of those you quoted mate.
Rarely get involved , this guy is different.

I only made my point as people were writing about it being our choice. It isn't . Haaland is the one who can choose , not City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.