Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have ever watched an interview with him, you will see that his mindset is always on the team and the team performance, even when speaking about himself. Even the times people here overreact when he gets upset about something on the pitch, it isn’t with himself (like it happens with Ronaldo a lot, for instance)
Fair enough, but players being media interviewed are sometimes very different behind closed doors.

Fair enough, but players being media interviewed are sometimes very different behind closed doors.
He would play the same role Messi and Lewandowski played in previous Pep teams, lots of goals and assists, practically the face of the team, but not “their” team per se. Even United won’t be Ronaldo’s team — and Tottenham was never “the Harry Kane team” either... That doesn’t happen anymore.

say what you want about haaland but one thing he is not known for is being good at giving interviews lol

We operate a certain way, a way that has made us successful, after 12 years we aren’t going to suddenly change that, I think every summer there has been talk of going big on somebody and we haven’t. Think Haaland will be the same story and like previously we’ll do just fine.
My opinion is Torres and Delap will get 30 goals between them and we’ll decide the huge cost isn’t worth it for however many goals we think Haaland might score over that 30.
Good post. People think we don't offer mega wages for the sake of squad harmony, and that's true to an extent, but it's also a great way to filter players who are motivated by money, we simply don't want these characters at the club.

Good post. People think we don't offer mega wages for the sake of squad harmony, and that's true to an extent, but it's also a great way to filter players who are motivated by money, we simply don't want these characters at the club.
The only thing we do is talk to the player before getting deep into a negotiation. Of course, we don’t want to be discussing numbers to find out later on that the player doesn’t want to come. That does not mean we get the players to sign a declaration stating they won’t be listening to any other offers or anything— history shows that isn’t the case.
There is no character test at all. You and I wouldn’t want to spend more than five minutes in conversation with some of our players if we knew them in private, I guarantee you. We want professional players, those that will come and while they’re here, give their best, and want to win. This is how it works in other clubs. I understand that some fans like to tell themselves we’re very different when it comes to transfers, but we’re really not

The only thing we do is talk to the player before getting deep into a negotiation. Of course, we don’t want to be discussing numbers to find out later on that the player doesn’t want to come. That does not mean we get the players to sign a declaration stating they won’t be listening to any other offers or anything— history shows that isn’t the case.
There is no character test at all. You and I wouldn’t want to spend more than five minutes in conversation with some of our players if we knew them in private, I guarantee you. We want professional players, those that will come and while they’re here, give their best, and want to win. This is how it works in other clubs. I understand that some fans like to tell themselves we’re very different when it comes to transfers, but we’re really not
If Haaland wants to come to City we'll make it happen and he will become a very rich man, if he's not particularly bothered where he goes he will go to the highest wage offer and that won't be City.

If Haaland wants to come to City we'll make it happen and he will become a very rich man, if he's not particularly bothered where he goes he will go to the highest wage offer and that won't be City.
The only thing I don’t agree is with the view some people here have that if he were to take the call and listen to what another team has to say, either we will pull out or we’re immediately out. The world isn’t black and white

The only thing I don’t agree is with the view some people here have that if he were to take the call and listen to what another team has to say, either we will pull out or we’re immediately out. The world isn’t black and white
We wouldn’t pull out because he listens to other clubs, we will pull out if it becomes an auction for the highest bidder.

We wouldn’t pull out because he listens to other clubs, we will pull out if it becomes an auction for the highest bidder.
I know people get very self-satisfied picturing Raiola on the phone with five different clubs asking each one “club X offered this much, how much do you offer?”, it meets their boogeyman version of the guy, but this isn’t really how it works. Now we just have to wait to see how these things develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.