Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the same logic, the fact City didn't really go for Kane in the end and decided to bin it, would suggest that thought process, or any other target we looked at, might he encouraging enough, otherwise surely would have gone a lot heavier for Kane.

I don't think we maintained the pursuit as much as is assumed. There was only really one supposed bid rumoured. At a push 2 if we try really hard to convince ourselves. Which to me feels like he was an option rather than the main target. Probably felt it was doable when the player wanted it, but at a much lower price, and walked away with lots of time left.

Lets see what January or next summer brings, so much can change by then.

On your final point, all the lore reason to target players that are right for the club, and not for a manager. Long term. Not that I think there is much in it at this point.
I agree with that and i think we were put off by the prices this summer.
I believe we thought we could get a top striker for decent money due to covid.

As soon as it was reported Dortmund wanted £150m for Haaland, we were out of that race and i think Levy hiked Kane's fee because of that.

I'm sure we'll be right in the mix for Haaland once his release clause kicks in though.

Still don’t get the fact that with kun leaving this was supposed to be the most important transfer of them all replacing a city legend and to not even bid for Harry Kane is quite simply ridiculous and it’s naive to say we are ok with going into defending out title and also making a push to go one better than the champions league final but if anything we have regressed and stood still . We will almost certainly not sign haaland because we don’t get in bidding wars which leaves another go at Kane who will be a year older. But at least we got another midfielder in . It’s still being mentioned because its difficult to get your head round the reasoning behind it .
Yeah, why we let Sergio leave before getting in any replacement is still baffling to me.

Still don’t get the fact that with kun leaving this was supposed to be the most important transfer of them all replacing a city legend and to not even bid for Harry Kane is quite simply ridiculous and it’s naive to say we are ok with going into defending out title and also making a push to go one better than the champions league final but if anything we have regressed and stood still . We will almost certainly not sign haaland because we don’t get in bidding wars which leaves another go at Kane who will be a year older. But at least we got another midfielder in . It’s still being mentioned because its difficult to get your head round the reasoning behind it .

Don't disagree about Sergio needing replaced and how significant that is.

We did the same with replacing VK though, waited a year when prices were nuts for players that weren't worth it. The following year, got it right. I'm hoping this is one of those. I don't mind patient if it is thought out and followed through. Happy to wait and see, and yes this season will be a pinch at times. If we them end up with a year older Kane for some 20-30m less, then badly played, which I struggle to see happening.

Would love it if we went in hard for him in January to secure his signature, I think a deal would be possible but would probably depend on whether dortmund are still in the champions league or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.