Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not the same. Same as it isn’t the same as equating that “he will go to Madrid” because of nothing but mysticism and hearing the ACTUAL signs out of Madrid AND SPAIN. This is the “small detail” that people seem (or want) to ignore
thinking that you're not indulging in pure speculation and copium because you think you read the tea leaves better is narcissistic

thinking that you're not indulging in pure speculation and copium because you think you read the tea leaves better is narcissistic
No I don’t think I read the tea leaves better, I just don’t ignore them. Notice I haven’t ruled out the option. I am just not choosing to enhance it based on mysticism rather than rooted evidence. But go ahead and make it about personality. Very mature

I would. Pogba was in a winning team at Juventus and had offers from other winning teams when he decided to go back to United, who had gone only three years at that time without a Prem title.

He certainly didn't anticipate another five years of nothing coming after it.

My argument with regard Haaland and his ambition is quite simple. He would be joining a vastly superior team in City than Madrid.

He would be joining a vastly superior league.

He would be playing for the best manager in the game.

All those points above could be applied to Liverpool, certainly if you are a Liverpool fan!

I don't think it is a question of what he gets paid that will decide the outcome.

It will come down to what is best for his football right now, his father has said as much.

I just happen to believe if his ambition is about football in the here and now, then City are more attractive than Madrid, without obviously the things Madrid's exposure offers him, coupled with an incredible lifestyle.
I agree with a lot you say but one major point is Pep, will be still be here in 18 months time?

If Pep does leave at the end of his contract, Little Alf will only have his incredible coaching for 1 season and who knows what will happen post Pep.

Madrid are a huge draw, a magnificent new stadium, stunning location and instant fame and unless Barca perform the second coming, Real will be dominating for the foreseeable future.

I agree with a lot you say but one major point is Pep, will be still be here in 18 months time.

If Pep does leave at the end of his contract, Little Alf will only have his incredible coaching for 1 season and who knows what will happen post Pep.
He certainly would need to be involved

I agree with a lot you say but one major point is Pep, will be still be here in 18 months time?

Madrid are a huge draw, a magnificent new stadium, stunning location and instant fame and unless Barca perform the second coming, Real will be dominating for the foreseeable future.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but I really can see Pep extending for another 3 seasons on top of his current contract. That would take him to the 10 years point that seems to be the 'statue' level. He just seems to be very happy here. The idea that he'd do 7 seasons was unfathomable when he joined and yet here we are. The only thing that threatens if is if he wins the CL, I think he'll consider it job done then.

No I don’t think I read the tea leaves better, I just don’t ignore them. Notice I haven’t ruled out the option. I am just not choosing to enhance it based on mysticism rather than rooted evidence. But go ahead and make it about personality. Very mature

Ignore them or not, they are still just fucking tea leaves mate.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but I really can see Pep extending for another 3 seasons on top of his current contract. That would take him to the 10 years point that seems to be the 'statue' level. He just seems to be very happy here. The idea that he'd do 7 seasons was unfathomable when he joined and yet here we are. The only thing that threatens if is if he wins the CL, I think he'll consider it job done then.
I can to, but I would think that a player of the level of Haaland would want assurances that Pep is staying and Khaldoon would for that matter.

I can't see any reason why Pep would want to leave other than burn out, he will never get a better club to work with and with the talent coming through the youth ranks, he must be hugely excited to work his magic with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.