Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s gone from “Will push to sign Haaland after Mbappe” to “Will make a decision on Haaland after Mbappe”.

No doubt prepping the PR platform if it goes sour. “Madrid have decided not to sign Haaland due to salary demands”, 48 hours before he’s all but announced to, I dare say, Bert FC?

With regards to that tweet. We are not his beloved city. He does not adore us or love us like a fan. He does have a soft spot for us as does his Dad.

For what it’s worth, probably not a lot but one of my best mates told me before the Southampton game that he is signing for us. He was gutted as he supports Liverpool. I have no reason to disbelieve him regardless of the team he follows. I did take it with a pinch of salt as didn’t want to get to excited. Then a few days later it sorted of went crazy on here with talk of him saying yes to us.

Hopefully he is spot on with his info. Wasn’t going to pass it on but fuck it why not.

que Brazilian gus cutting me down and mugging me off in about 5 minutes.

Joking mate.

I'm quite calm about this now. We really need a striker on this level but I'm not gonna beg. The premier League is competitive and exciting. Yes the weather is abit shit but you're here to play football and win trophies not lay of a sunbed

Anyone know what his attitude is? Would he listen and learn from Pep, or does he think he's already the finished article? Also, would he accept Pep's rotation policy without getting stroppy?
If he does get signed up, I hope he's not going to be another CR7 Billy Big Bollocks.
Been injured for about 90 days this season, rotation would help him as he plays every game for Dortmund when fit.

City will say nothing until it's done, signed sealed delivered. We have been a pen-stroke away, it went tits up. Cue " City rejected" headlines. Players are subject to human emotions, their reasoning affected by influences which we have no inkling of, just guesses. Agents do not have the last word, despite the clamour on social platforms. Fan's speculation is inevitable, keeps forums simmering and affects the outcome not one bit. C'est la vie. que sera, sera, an' all that.
My take is that the lad is being lumped in as a "traditional" c/f, all hustle and bustle etc. when in fact he is far more than just that. His record of rarely missing chances, of being ice cool in and around the box, is enough for me to hope he signs for City, but if he doesn't, we carry on.

It’s gone from “Will push to sign Haaland after Mbappe” to “Will make a decision on Haaland after Mbappe”.

No doubt prepping the PR platform if it goes sour. “Madrid have decided not to sign Haaland due to salary demands”, 48 hours before he’s all but announced to, I dare say, Bert FC?

Its even gone from "Haaland to Real Madrid is a done deal" to "Haaland only wants to join Real Madrid" to "Real Madrid are the clear favorite to sign Haaland" to what you just said. Its, like you said, pretty clear the narrative has changed dramatically in the Madrid press from how it sounded just a few months ago. I expect, just like you, the narrative will soon be that he is demanding crazy wages (like if this haven't been the case all along) and state funded City are the only ones stupid enough to pay it with their dirty oil money, destroying football once again (since only Spanish teams & United are allowed to spend huge money on players). The fact that they are paying Mbappe even more will of course be completely ignored in the conversation. They will probably also find an (insane) angle that by joining City Haaland is basically responsible for the war in Ukraine.

Since I'm a pessimist by nature, at least regarding City, I'm not particularly certain he will end up here. But reports like this make me feel a bit more confident almost every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.