Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping the powder dry and watching the markets....

City will not act quickly as the potential slump of big clubs financially will impact on the available lucrative contracts for players.

Won’t be until this summer we see the true impact of COVID on the finances and English clubs will fair better than most due to the revenue sources, but there will be a tightening of the belts even in the top 6. We are in a great position as we had planned financially for big spend requirements and have funds pencilled in for this. Just happens that in the current market conditions ours is in a better position of strength. Players and agents know this so I suspect we will enjoy this summer. All the noises I hear are positive so I’m going to sit back and watch relaxed.

Keeping the powder dry and watching the markets....

City will not act quickly as the potential slump of big clubs financially will impact on the available lucrative contracts for players.

Won’t be until this summer we see the true impact of COVID on the finances and English clubs will fair better than most due to the revenue sources, but there will be a tightening of the belts even in the top 6. We are in a great position as we had planned financially for big spend requirements and have funds pencilled in for this. Just happens that in the current market conditions ours is in a better position of strength. Players and agents know this so I suspect we will enjoy this summer. All the noises I hear are positive so I’m going to sit back and watch relaxed.
Is the ”maybe another” when speaking about Haaland a DM (Douglas Luiz?) or LB (Alaba?)?

We've had competition for plenty of players, it's just that we operate by convincing the player first and other clubs give up. If we can't do that we don't get dragged into bidding wars. I think this is the time to make an exception though.
There can only really be a bidding war if he's happy to go to any of the clubs bidding. I don't think he will be

There can only really be a bidding war if he's happy to go to any of the clubs bidding. I don't think he will be
Agreed, look at De Bruyne. Bundesliga POTY, at Easter every big club in Europe was being linked including Bayern (who Wolfsburg unlike Dortmund have no issues selling to), within a couple of months we've clearly convinced the player to sign and everyone else distances themselves leaving Wolfsburg with one offer on the table, ours. At that stage it's all over bar their CEOs hissy fit.

Agreed, look at De Bruyne. Bundesliga POTY, at Easter every big club in Europe was being linked including Bayern (who Wolfsburg unlike Dortmund have no issues selling to), within a couple of months we've clearly convinced the player to sign and everyone else distances themselves leaving Wolfsburg with one offer on the table, ours. At that stage it's all over bar their CEOs hissy fit.
Well...

Yeah him and De Laurentagob at Napoli have been like a broken record since we started qualifying for CL. He'll still quite happily sell to us over Bayern though, don't worry about that.
Cracks me up though, we're no threat to their qualification as we're in different leagues and his own club are in turmoil, if I was a dortmund member I'd be reading that thinking 'what the fuck are you looking at them for, do your fucking job'. Just as I would have been if Txiki, Khaldoon or Soriano were mouthing off about other clubs while we had a shite season.

You gotta laugh when someone cites the evidence not being valid enough as the only reason we were found not guilty...
The evidence was fabricated, CAS as much as confirmed that. We also weren't given a fair hearing. That case was never about coming to a just decision for UEFA or any clubs that see themselves as rivals. The CFCB promised them a guilty verdict and ban before the case was even opened and they're sulking that they didn't get it.

Sure as hell was nervy though! It was such a saga :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.