Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 100% seems like a deal we are doing behind the scenes like Bernardo

Dortmund Chairman to Bild

'I would recommend for Erling to also see the value of Borussia Dortmund," Sammer told Sport Bild. "The club has given him a lot. From here, he can only go to a handful of clubs."

Dortmund do not want to sell in the summer and a release clause reported to be between €75 million and €100m in his contract can only be triggered from 2022.

Sammer said he believes Haaland should make sure he only leaves Dortmund when the time is right, citing Robert Lewandowski's success and Bayern Munich and Ousmane Dembele's struggles to adapt at Barcelona as examples.

"When Erling makes the next step, he must be the finished product, perfect," Sammer added. "He is very, very good.

"He must improve some details. Robert was complete when he left for Bayern [on a free transfer in 2014]. It was clear: He went straight into the starting lineup.

"But as a counter-example Ousmane Dembele maybe left for Barcelona a moment too early. Erling is far in his development, but he is not complete."

Barca, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Bayern have been linked with Haaland in recent weeks, but Sammer, who acted as a sporting executive at Bayern from 2012 through to 2016, said he could not imagine the Bundesliga rivals will make a move for the Dortmund attacker.

"This won't happen today or tomorrow because Bayern already have Robert Lewandowski," Sammer said.

Asked to explain the differences between Lewandowski and Haaland, Sammer said: "Erling has other factors. He is more forceful, Lewandowski is smoother. Robert is fast on the distance but does not have as much pace as Erling. Robert has more experience in the tight spaces, because of his career path he has the perfect judgement for situations.

"Robert is absolute world class, Erling is on his way there. He has the hunger in him. I have never seen anything comparable in terms of stats and lust for goals at this age."

This 100% seems like a deal we are doing behind the scenes like Bernardo
I think it helps that we know his dad. I’m pretty sure that was similar to the Bernardo one? Someone at city knew his dad I think? Less people needing to know

Seems like a number of clubs are distancing themselves from this deal or their mouthpieces are putting soundbites out there about why a deal may not be possible.

All the time there is a deafening silence from our end, maybe they know something :)
Txiki is a KFA. Hasn’t got a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.