Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much how I see it unless a deal has already been quietly done, but his agent is too much of a gob-shite/wideboy for that to be the case :-(
Off the top of my head, how many huge signings have been "nailed on" for according to some on this forum, only to miss out? Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard, Isco, Kaka, Mbappe. Some of these we dodged a bullet obviously!

Roman offered Pep a Blank cheque and he would be given anything he wished! Pep was already ours. Hopefully Haaland wants us if he is wavering it’s going to cost us a fortune to get him plus stupid wagers.

I tend to agree, sadly. I read earlier today that Abramovic had made it his personal mission to sign Haaland. Whether that is true who knows, but we can be sure there will be lots of bidders - some far less sensible than us - and given the uber-hype surrounding this player, I cannot see him going for anything less than silly money. And we are anything but silly.
I'm not aware that "silly money" is a technical term but is generally used when one wishes to say that the cost bears no relation to the value of the goods in question. City have shown numerous times that they will pay what they consider a fair price ie one which reflects value. Several posts have already stressed that the club is aware of the interest from elsewhere and the likely cost but still make Haaland our number one target for the summer window. So, although your post isn't complete nonsense much of it doesn't make sense, especially when you stray into the realms of "silly" and silliness.

Off the top of my head, how many huge signings have been "nailed on" for according to some on this forum, only to miss out? Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard, Isco, Kaka, Mbappe. Some of these we dodged a bullet obviously!
I sometimes think our own fans get brainwashed by the constant media spin on our spending. We certainly had to spend fortunes to get from where we were in 2008 to now, but as far as individual players go I think ffs is still our biggest spend at @£60m? I could see us going to 80-90 plus add ons for haaland, but over that I think we'll leave it to the great historical clubs who never distort the market to spend double that plus a bung for riola.

I'm not aware that "silly money" is a technical term but is generally used when one wishes to say that the cost bears no relation to the value of the goods in question. City have shown numerous times that they will pay what they consider a fair price ie one which reflects value. Several posts have already stressed that the club is aware of the interest from elsewhere and the likely cost but still make Haaland our number one target for the summer window. So, although your post isn't complete nonsense much of it doesn't make sense, especially when you stray into the realms of "silly" and silliness.
What a silly reply. In fact it's so silly you effectively argued against yourself. Giving the uber-hype and numbers of clubs sniffing around, it's highly like he will go for silly money, i.e. - to use your definition - a cost out of line with the value. Which would make us signing him seem both (a) unlikely and (b) silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.