Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player. He or she holds all the cards. It they want to go to a certain club, they can hold the selling club to ransom. Its either sell me, or I run my contract down
Makes sense - thanks.

Edit: Hang on, what if club says, sorry we're selling you to Club A. Can the player simply refuse to go?

If we sign Grealish and ings it will replicate a period after 2014, where we failed to strengthen accordingly... not a prayer thank god!

I don't see how we would sign graelish, if we were to sign ings. The two are just not compatible, in logic. If we are not signing players because the money asked is too much, then Graelish is out too. Purely speaking of logic, that is.

Can I just ask - because I have never understood this - who gets to decide where a player goes?

Suppose buying club A offers £200m for a player and wages if £200k a week. And club B offers £100m and £400k.

Player says I am off to club B for my £400k deal. Selling club says fuck off we're not tossing £100m down the pan, you're off to club A.

Club C arrives on the scene and offers £150m plus £300k. And an extra £10m for player's agent, who immediately says he's going to club C.

Who wins? Where does he end up going?

BTW, Assuming the player is under contract to selling club.

Both the selling club and player have to agree and accept the same offer for it to happen.

So it is up to the player to stick with what he wants, or wait for it. If he is not desperate for a move, but wants The move.

A club can accept multiple offers for the player, leaving it up to the player to agree terms, and he can still refuse terms and stay (zinch, for example did that). Likewise a player can broadly agree terms with multiple clubs, pendiing the selling club's acceptance.

The idea that there will only be one club at the table, and that all others will pack it in while that one club faces off with the selling club is just wrong. There are always multiple options on the table, till the deal is signed. Specially with agents like mino. That is why for every laporta and rodri and mahrez, you have your jorgino hazard isco sanchez alves etc etc. Our club trust that when a player say he wants to join, he's happy to wait till the club sort it out with the selling club. Some do, some get itchy feet and go for option b, some simply get tempted by option c.

The player. He or she holds all the cards. It they want to go to a certain club, they can hold the selling club to ransom. Its either sell me, or I run my contract down

True, but it works both ways. I.e you are contracted to this club and will play her
till the right offer comes.

imho, Dortmund are not daft to ask for 150m. They won'tget it, but tgey also can get 120m, and it wouldn't be unreasonabl. They bought haaland for 20m. Theyl get at least 75m for him next season. they CAN turn down an extra 20m this year, to have a player like that for another year, particularly if he gets them to champs league and into money stages of it. there is a price for that. Plus they then also have to go out replace the player.

For the buying club, that price difference guarantees you a player you want ahead oc your rivals, a year earlier with what he brings. The buying club arguably has more to lose gambling over 20m than dortmund do. All they lose is a potential 20m. Which to some extent the player's contribution offsets.

I'll get pelters for this but his minutes this season suggests to me that Pep thoroughly disagrees.

People are talking like Delap will make this sudden jump up from barely being given a look-in since September this season to being a regular squad player next season and I just don't see it at all.

That is true, but in fairness to the 17 year old Delap, a fully fit Sergio Aguero is currently struggling to get into this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.