Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

please be true. I’d break the bank to sign the fella but how good would it be if he came out and said something along the lines of

“I had several opportunities to sign for other established clubs across Europe and England, but I came to who I deem to be the best team in Europe right now and no amount of money from elsewhere would have changed that”

sign on the doted line son!

Rodwell - £12 million, sold for £10 million
Sinclair - £8 million, sold for £4 million
Jovetic - £23 million, sold for £12 million
Navas - There's no way you can class Navas as a lesser player or a waste of a transfer
Nolito - £14 million, sold for £8 million
Fernando - £12 million, sold for £5 million
Garcia - £16 million, sold for £13 million

Net transfer spend - £33 million spread over 6 players and across 5 seasons, or in other words, 6.6 million wasted per season between 12/13 - 16/17. Truly an extraordinary amount. The latest transfer in that list happened in 16/17, 5 seasons ago. You reckon we have learned from our mistakes?
I don't put too much stock into that list except for Nolito because he was the only Pep signing. Like others have said he didn't want to be here and wanted to leave. However, he did serve a purpose and didn't play badly. I feel the reason Pep wanted him was because he was a veteran player and it would buy time for the younger winger in Sane to learn and eventually come in which did happen.

Ballsy. You cannot question on here whether he's Pep's kind of player - you'll get slaughtered.
I’m nothing if not ballsy!

Slaughtered? By whom, some of the know nothings?! HAHA!

Anyone who knows anything about Pep knows that he likes a certain player profile and they HAVE TO be willing to succumb to him or his methods or they’re gone...or never come!

Great response from City. Just a gentle reminder for Alfie to keep Mino in the right lane during negotiations..

Rodwell - £12 million, sold for £10 million
Sinclair - £8 million, sold for £4 million
Jovetic - £23 million, sold for £12 million
Navas - There's no way you can class Navas as a lesser player or a waste of a transfer
Nolito - £14 million, sold for £8 million
Fernando - £12 million, sold for £5 million
Garcia - £16 million, sold for £13 million

Net transfer spend - £33 million spread over 6 players and across 5 seasons, or in other words, 6.6 million wasted per season between 12/13 - 16/17. Truly an extraordinary amount. The latest transfer in that list happened in 16/17, 5 seasons ago. You reckon we have learned from our mistakes?
Sanchez to United 180 m wages
(Amongst others)
Carrol (38m) Liverpool Sold for 14 m
Not sure our figures look that bad to be honest.

please be true. I’d break the bank to sign the fella but how good would it be if he came out and said something along the lines of

“I had several opportunities to sign for other established clubs across Europe and England, but I came to who I deem to be the best team in Europe right now and no amount of money from elsewhere would have changed that”

sign on the doted line son!
I was intrigued to see that in the Bundesliga he is being outscored by Andre Silva.

This is actually an interesting angle for mullock to promote. City won't pay the most. City are the footballing choice rather than the best wage.

We've done this for years and, whilst we do pay big fees, we have limits and do not buy anyone we like, contrary to popular opinion. If a player rejects us it's a morale victory for football over greed. So, could the narrative be changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.