Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't win a one horse race to sign a player - what hope have we got when we're engaged in a bidding war with Europe's elite.

Its like being with a girl you got with in school but then she goes to Uni and you just can't compete - That's how it feels for me when it comes to City in the transfer window.
Incel?

The issue is that he is wanted by several clubs, we may be happy with the numbers above but then someone comes in with £30 million for his agent and a £30 million signing on fee, then another club come in and offer the same but with another £5 million to Alfie.

At some point each club has to set a limit that they won't go above. I don't think we will go as high as others.

Its not just the numbers it’s who you pay and how…. The likes of Juventus, PSG and Chelsea et al get deals over the line quickly because they don’t only pay the right monies over the table but they are good at paying people key to a deal - like parents who are not registered and whom shouldn’t be receiving payments - effectively under the table. Every transaction City makes is scrutinised- it’s a pity others aren’t subjected to the same Because it certainly ties one hand behind our back.

I might be looking too much into this, but on that photo Haaland is stood back from that sign and isn't holding it. Maybe to distance himself from the protest, and avoid awkward "sportswashing" comments if he signs for City?

Everything is transactional. You just have to best present yourself
The point is, market value is not the same as value to the individual. Loyalty and goodwill are not neccessarily transferable. Good stable character, personal adequacy, experience and humility on ones own part are prerequisites. Choose for your real life, your real self. For the long term. Not for your transient appetites or to satisfy poorly conceived self explanations of your requirements, and never because you had to have the best possible. Or youll end up like a certain frequent poster in off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.