Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is frighteningly good. I know it's a pipe dream but I am holding out hope we get him. We'd have to get creative if the reported wage demands are anywhere near accurate but he must be so fucking terrifying to play against. Would score 50 a season for us easy.

don't wanna hear shit about LB or DM or any of that crap next transfer window. Just get this guy whatever the costs, try to maximize profits from other players on loan and such, and start saving for future windows. next window we need to get him whatever the cost.

don't wanna hear shit about LB or DM or any of that crap next transfer window. Just get this guy whatever the costs, try to maximize profits from other players on loan and such, and start saving for future windows. next window we need to get him whatever the cost.

He’s the missing piece of the puzzle, we’d be complete if we signed him. Cancelo can play left back and Fernandinho can play till his 40, fuck it.

Even if that's true - and let's face it, every time this is reported the wages go up - then it may be possible.

Over 5 years that's £317m. That's £63m a year over five years and the potential to sell him. Huge - but I bet United would consider it.

Many thought we should have just paid £150m for Kane + 350k a week wages. That would be £240m over five years - so £48m a year on one player, and little chance of selling him later on.

They think he's a £150m+ player, so if there's the best part of £100m that won't need to be paid in a transfer, then they want every penny of it. From what I've read a lot of agents will suggest splitting the benefit of a buy out/free, but I doubt that would happen here.
Not me

I get the vibe he is Real bound. We have moved on from Kane and Ronaldo so he has to be the target but we can't rely on the Spanish state like Real can. We have to comply. They will get him and Mbappe.

My soul will die a little if we let another prem team get their hands on him. He's the best in his position in the world, let's pay him a salary that reflects that.

I get the vibe he is Real bound. We have moved on from Kane and Ronaldo so he has to be the target but we can't rely on the Spanish state like Real can. We have to comply. They will get him and Mbappe.
I do think that if it’s not us, Real would seem a likely destination. I just don’t think they will land Mbappe and Haaland, especially not on the same window. La Liga will have a very unappealing season, no stars, if one of the Spanish teams does well in the UCL, it will likely be Atletico, and then for Madrid to get the two stars of the future... hmm, I don’t think so.

I have also been pushing that it’s not a good career move for Haaland to play alongside Mbappe at this stage of his career. Players think about the status, and he knows he has what it takes to be the big star of the decade, so why would he go share the spotlight and the goals with Mbappe in the same team?! Think like this: if Ronaldo had left United to go to Barcelona and not Madrid, would he have become the same star he is today, playing alongside Messi — and you can also ask: would Messi have too?

I think we’re looking at a very, very strong PL season, with PL clubs bound to do very well in the UCL (again), and here is where he will want to be — at least for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.