Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to look at Real Madrid to see how important it is to replace your biggest star with a star with potential to reach the same magnitude. They lost Cristiano Ronaldo after three consecutive UCL titles and since then, still look like a lost team. That despite still having brilliant players for almost every other position, players that would make the starting team of nearly every other team in the world. There is a reason why they are looking for either Mbappe or Haaland. And I think and hope that the people at our club have taken notice of the Madrid example; this is the one transfer in their lifetime that they can’t mess around and take gambles with. It’s as much a signing for us as it a signing for the message it will be sending to the outside; has to be someone that the others clubs will look at and think “now they’re even more unstoppable than before”. Haaland would be perfect from every perspective. And the alternatives that could be satisfying frankly I can count with less than one hand.
I'm not convinced that RM operate quite like that and we certainly don't. We'll get him (I'm sure we will BTW) because we need a striker.

Signing 1 super star(or potentially).
I didn’t say anything about a super star. I said you need to replace Cristiano Ronaldo and Aguero with as good strikers or younger players who show potential to get there but are already delivering astounding results. There aren’t many for us that would be reasonable and realistic beyond Haaland - Lukaku and Kane, but that’s about it? And when you compare age...

Would you agree that outside of City, these are the 3 best strikers in the modern game (Messi and Ronaldo are not really strikers more scorers so left them out) and the 2 best young strikers?

Lewandowski
Kane
Suarez

Then after that the next gen superstars:
Haaland
Mbappe

We potentially have the best second striker in Jesus - there are also plenty of decent strikers round Europe too. But if the above Kane is the only experienced striker that has a lot of years left at his peak. Of the young stars Mbappe is never coming and Haaland is a prime target.

So it basically comes down to Kane or Haaland. Or neither and we go shopping at Aldi for a Lukaku...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.