ESPN Bobbins

I'm new here (and American) and can say that, in general ESPNs HD is pretty good. The problem I've always had with them is they tend to make it more about them and less about the event they're covering. I don't know if you're ever been exposed to Chris Berman but he is their "go to guy" in big events. He knows a little about the NFL and nothing about MLB yet they constantly shove him down our throats.

I love the fact that they've picked up the EPL though, now I can see City that much more.

its much better than setanta, its got a better presnenter in ray stubbs (he's from the bbc he must be ok)
watch the liverpool and villa game and they had the messiah keegan was on and apparently he's becoming a regular and guss hidink will come on during the season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/24/espn-premiership-kevin-keegan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/au ... vin-keegan</a>

buckshot said:
I'm new here (and American) so I'm pretty used to ESPN. I like their HD but can't stand the way they try to make everything about ESPN and not about the event they're covering.

Are you guys ever exposed to Chris Berman? IMO, he is everything that is wrong with sportscasters.

Chris who??

That'll be a no buddy/ pal/ geezer/ matey *delete where applicable*!

ESPN is great.

Ray Stubbs > Richard Keys, James Richardson
Keegan > Redknapp, Claridge
Jon Champion > Martin Tyler
Joe Royle > Andy Gray, Craig Burley

What's not to like?

It's great in the US compared to what they usually show for MLS and US games. Didn't even expect them to show the Saturday or Monday games here, so that was a nice surprise- and the first Premier League action in HD. Plus I like Georgie Bingham, although noticed she wasn't on for the Liverpool-Villa game today.

Having matches on espn is great from an american standpoint, i finally get to see matches in hd instead of shotty steams on the computer... just wish they would show more games though instead of baseball, the worlds worst sport

BlueInSeattle said:
Having matches on espn is great from an american standpoint, i finally get to see matches in hd instead of shotty steams on the computer... just wish they would show more games though instead of baseball, the worlds worst sport

It's our duty to tune in no matter who's playing so they get decent ratings out of it. That way they may actually show more games. No matter what we must persevere! (holds out hope for a premier league package similar to NFL Sunday Ticket).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.