ESPN (merged)

Re: Why

i honestly could'nt care less, if i was watching the game on tv i'd just be grateful it was on at all. when i was young it was a black and white motd.that was it.

we are spoilt nowadays.

r.soleofsalford said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
the f*ck are we on ESPN on Sunday? Sky always used to have the 1.30pm fixture.

Seriously peeved that a huge away game like this is shafted like this, not on.

we arent the media darling get used to it. but be patient it will change

Im sure it has something to do with ESPN rights to show live games rather than us not being media darlings!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
We'll have Keegan and Savage bigging us up in the studio at least.

Unfortunately we'll have Waddle or Burley as secondary commentator and both despise us with an uncanny passion.

I really dont get Burleys problem with us, i thought he was going to cry when we scored a scrappy goal against Notts County

I don't mind it being on ESPN over here. Luckily for me, I work nights so I am getting off of work right when matches that early are coming on.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
the f*ck are we on ESPN on Sunday? Sky always used to have the 1.30pm fixture.

Seriously peeved that a huge away game like this is shafted like this, not on.
It is on, it's on ESPN. The world doesn't revolve around Sky Sports, you know?! In fact ESPN is now becoming a better Premier League watch than Sky. Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan and Robbie Savage all stick up for City. The whole show doesn't use the Rags as it's marketing tool to sell to the rest of the world; whereas Sky Sports could be called MUTV with it's agenda at times.

Long live ESPN and I hope City away games I can't afford will all be on ESPN!

danburge82 said:
Sky Sports could be called MUTV with it's agenda at times.

Indeed. Of course Sky Sports still own a third of MUTV (it used to be more) and they market MUTV around the globe for them, they're very much all in a cosy bedtime arrangement but then the rags have been the big draw in the last decade for Sky, what with all that armchair support so it's understandable. Sky aren't exactly going to shun the rags, they're a business after all, in it for the money.

He who pays the piper calls the tune. It'll change though, Sky cuddle up to whoever they have to to bring in the most money but the status quo can and will change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.