ESPN/STAR boycotting man city in ASIA

bakchod

I dont know why they have not showed even one game live in this PL campaign and the height of absurdity reach when they can show newcastle vs blackpool live and not our game today.

bakchod said:
I dont know why they have not showed even one game live in this PL campaign and the height of absurdity reach when they can show newcastle vs blackpool live and not our game today.

I watched the Tottenham v City game live in a bar in Beijing, I'm sure it was on Star Sports. Also, I've seen a lot of reruns of old City games and City related programming on WinTV, 301 and Star Sports in the last few weeks, whilst travelling around China.
I suspect that the games shown here are the same as those shown live in the UK, but I haven't checked.

Think it depends where you are in the ASIA, star has different versions and in some countries I notice they show less PL games than in others.

The first game was not shown on ESPN in the philippines but was shown on the Hong Kong ESPN.

I am in the philippines and we have had no MCFC matches shown yet.. but I am sure that last time I checked they had the Wigan game on the 19th, site is down at the moment for me to check.

They only mainly show 3pm kick offs unless its a major game outside of this time... You are correct they do have some wierd choices when it comes to games that are on.

We have normally got a better chance of being shown if we are the only sunday game on at 3pm.

nedor is correct - Star Asia from HK are showing the Salzburg v City game at 1AM HK time friday morning, that is available in China. Philipines I think have a different feed, as does the Star network covering India (more interested in cricket for some reason).
The problem I have now is the Salzburg game local Ko at 1AM, only bar I've found with Star sports closes at 1AM....

Its not being boycotted, i have seen the City Vs Sunderland and City vs Liverpool match live on ESPN .Dont know about Star though.

espn/star dont have all the games now like they did few years ago. astro supersport have bought 50% of the games

Just wondering how far in advance the matches sceduled to be on TV were shown?

Because I was looking at it today and while the Salzberg match is on ESPN (China) I couldn't find anything about any EPL matches this weekend or next.

Actually just had a quick look at the Astro sports website which told me that City vs Wigan is on Star Sports as well, basically it doesn't seem to me like a very good boycott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.