Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Th capacity is almost 3k down since the rail seating and ad hoardings were introduced this summer, so let's say, with segregation, the starting number was closer to 52k Uefa capacity from the off.

They legislate for 3500 in the away sections to also include segregation over the three tiers, so let's say we are down to 49k.

Looked to be at least 7 or 8k in no shows on the night, so call it 42k at that stage.

There can't be a conspiracy, there's no need for one.

The club has long been accused of inflating attendances on such nights, counting no shows, perhaps.

All the same, it was empty enough for the manager to open his mouth.
The official attendance was 45,000

Rather he just kept quiet now. If he's at the game tomorrow I am sure people will have words to say
Who is he? I’ve heard his name a few times over the years. Is he basically a mouthpiece for “supporters”. Did he actually consult any before speaking up?

Forums will always get extreme views from some but I would imagine 95% of our fan base are not on forums and 90% of those won’t give a shit about things like this.

The capacity has never been 55,097, that is the number of seats. I was advised by City H&S person that matchday capacity was 54,730 due to segregation. It has been reduced this season by approx 1200 to allow for the advertising boards. So I reckon our workable (match day) capacity now is around 53,500; this will be reduced even further for UEFA comps, to around 52,500
The new capacity for CL games is 51,500

I wonder if they took the numbers through gates at 2000hrs and passed it off as the official attendance, had they gave it another 10 minutes or so to get people through the gates if there were problems it'd probably have been more accurate. Watched on TV and large sections in E1 looked sparse as did the NS, but filled up absolutely fine.

Splendid
I have decided that this is actually a good thing.

Every now and again we all need a blow out. Pep/fans. Many on here agree with the boss and many also think he is a twat. It would be far worse if it didn’t annoy him tbh. The man is passionate and he cares about the club. Look no further than Cas.

We have been on a great journey with pep with highs and lows albeit not many lows. You can see he is a fucking manic manager with his never ending tirades at player/club/supporters.

The reason this has upset the fan base is because it has hit a nerve and ripped the sticky plaster off an already sore wound dreamed up by the media to attack our core.

It’s out in the open now for all the world to see. No more sneaky shots by the media or supporters from other clubs trying to score points when their own team look abysmal on the pitch.

We are City! Did you expect it to be easy following the blues?…no fucking way otherwise we will lose our unique identity to claw through the mud when it gets tough and use our satirical sense of humour to get us into the next battle ground.

Stand proud blues. Everyone makes mistakes.
Splendid post.

Well said sir. When in doubt, just laugh and move on. Typical City rules OK!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.