Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Watford, Sunderland, and Stoke fans all smashed Villa out of the park for atmosphere. They all behaved with more class as well in defeat
In fact Villa and Arsenal were probably the quietest fans we have seen at Wembley. Even Chelsea made more noise than them. Liverpool were no great shakes either. Watford were fantastic at 6-0 down. They drowned us out and stayed to the end.

In fact Villa and Arsenal were probably the quietest fans we have seen at Wembley. Even Chelsea made more noise than them. Liverpool were no great shakes either. Watford were fantastic at 6-0 down. They drowned us out and stayed to the end.
These comparisons are all a bit facile.

If you're a less established club and it's your biggest day out for decades then it's a massive novelty,everyone comes and gets giddy, you get in early and make a tremendous noise. That's why Watford and Sunderland made miles more noise than all the others.

That was us when we played United in 2011.

Personally I think all this "We made more noise than you" stuff is for kids or woefully immature adults.

Been saying it for years but if the transport around the ground wasn’t such a shambles I think the early leaver situation would improve. Isn’t going to happen though, sadly
If the transport around the ground were improved it would help the early leaver situation, but ultimately there will still be people hell bent on 'beating the traffic'.

On Tuesday the stadium was half full, thousands of fans jumped up to leave after our 5th goal and another few thousand after our sixth. There were such low numbers that they were always going to get back quickly compared to normal games. It was a 7:45 KO which also makes a difference. The game could have kicked off an hour earlier and the same people still would have left early.

I stayed in my seat, clapped the players off, walked to my car and got back to my home in Trafford within 20 minutes. There's no logistical reason to leave every game early. These people are nutters. It looks shit in the ground on the full time whistle. It's literally a race to get out the ground!

I was moved to the bottom tier at the back. I noticed that the tier overhanging is concrete. Not I’m not expert but doesn’t concrete have sound deadening qualities? Remember those old terraces with low tin roofs where the sound bounced and echoed around, like the Kippax?

Could the club put some kind of covering on there to reflect the sound and bounce it around so that songs started under there sound louder to the rest of the stadium? Now that would be a very cheap fix.
We (1894) asked the club about this a few seasons ago. They were going to look into it but nothing materialised.

Attendance arguments are a totally shit debate. Regular match going fans understand the cost and the sacrifice in it and never raise it. The only people who do are non match going/internet morons. Let it wash over you blues
Spot on IMO !!

Never thought i would ever use this sentence, but .......... "Well said Pingu!" ... :-) :-) :-)

C
Simples.

Level 1 and level 2 tiers are too shallow and small. We've lost another 3 rows of seats in level 1 because of the new advertising boards. The concrete level 2 overhangs that go out as far as row X on level 1 beneath, muffle any chanting/noise.

City play in an athletics stadium, which has been expanded.
No! City play in a stadium designed for football from the outset with an intermediate use for athletics hence the digging out and the later North Stand construction. I grant you the acoustics are an issue and the chanting was never probably never considered

Would it be possible to move the away fans to the whole bottom tier of the south stand and put the family stand above them, with the singers moving to the north stand?
The away fans are not being moved the Police wanted there for crowd control particularly for getting them away and on the coaches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.