Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Pep shouldnt have said what he did we dont need to give the media any ammunition.However u spin it we are well supported considering for the best part of 40 yrs you supported City as your family diid not through choice.We get bigger crowds now than we did in the 70s.All teams have had issues with crowds.In the 70s when Arsenal were not very good they regularly got crowds of 18-25000 same goes for Dippers,Everton,Spurs etc.I have always said that us,West Ham and Norwich are the most loyal fans who stick by our teams in the face of more illustrious neighbours i would love to see crowd figures at Arsenal ,utd etc if they went nearly 40 yrs without winning anything.
Pep should be put in touch with Joe Royle and Kevin Keegan, they will tell him about our support.

Reactions: PPT
No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
What a load of bollocks. Stop digging pal you are embarrassing yourself over this

Completely agree, i have been a supporter since the mid 1950’s - so long that I should have been presented with a gold watch by the Club. Never been a member of the OSC in all that time.
Good on you mate. It's fans like you who truly deserve to see the success we've had on the pitch in recent years.

An individual occupying a position where he/she is likely to be asked questions from the media about any prominent matter or issue needs to be capable and prepared so that it can be responded to properly and thoughtfully.
The General Secretary's comments showed little evidence of the above and are not reflective of the majority of City fans. His naivety and inability in this instance has been a major, unecessary factor in this perfect media storm.
Pep has fronted the club and team through many difficult moments. He's a genius with human flaws always in the glare of the spotlight.
Lets hope this episode is the catalyst for a major re-think and review of how all elements of OUR CITY are publicly presented.
It's never been any different.

No one individual speaks for us fans.

Dave Wallace once was the man the media used to turn to, he did not speak for me.

I’m a part of the local OSC with most of my match going mates.

Mainly because we get final tickets all sat together and they run a coach to finals and home games from the pub a stones throw from my front door.

Back in the early Mancini years it was a great way of getting tickets for aways as well, no chance now though.

Never go to the meetings to raise points or check minutes or anything like that though.

I know lots of blues who have been going 30/40 years. Not one of them is a member of the OSC…

on most of the biggest issues like ticket prices or corruption it’s the 1894 group that I hear the most. They speak up and get our thoughts across.

maybe it’s a good thing Parker is speaking up a bit more, as they seem to tip toe around subjects or you never hear anything from them.

In my opinion what pisses Pep off is that after all the goals and wonderful entertainment that he and the team have provided then the least to expect is that the supporters stay to the final whistle to show their appreciation and he to us. Granted some times there are genuine reasons for leaving early but if you leave because we are winning 3 or 4 nil and the game is over then that disrespects Pep and the player's and it is embarrassing, hence the away fans mickey taking, and perhaps it is best not to come in the first place.

Yeah the early leavers are the biggest problem, unless it is absolutely necessary there is no reason not to stay and applaud the palyers off.

Most stadiums have shite atmosphere nowadays, but we have a serious problem with the 80 minunte fire drillers.

And tbf spurs, burnley, leicester, qpr, swindon, barnsley and many many more grounds are equally a pain in the arse to get away from in a car coach so it is a poor excuse.

I will croticise the trams though, them cunts at the swamp have tonnes of doubles on when it's match day and also 3 seperate lines they can use. A tram line through gorton/openshaw near the old rd shouls have been planned years ago rather than another useless line to trafford park

An individual occupying a position where he/she is likely to be asked questions from the media about any prominent matter or issue needs to be capable and prepared so that it can be responded to properly and thoughtfully.
The General Secretary's comments showed little evidence of the above and are not reflective of the majority of City fans. His naivety and inability in this instance has been a major, unecessary factor in this perfect media storm.
Pep has fronted the club and team through many difficult moments. He's a genius with human flaws always in the glare of the spotlight.
Lets hope this episode is the catalyst for a major re-think and review of how all elements of OUR CITY are publicly presented.
Well said mate. City's fanbase has regularly criticised owners and managers and players when appropriate. This time it was completely inappropriate and did not represent the fans.

City fans get the chance today to show what we think.

Tell you what blues, it’s a sign of how far we’ve come, that the only dig the rag bastards can have is to piss take about bums on seats, I have literally been bombarded with shite off Twitter etc, I’ve never had so many messages off people I haven’t spoke to in years. It’s fuckin mint if you ask me, worry about trophies you dumb fuckers. At one time we were considered a well supported club, loyal to the extreme, but we had to watch trophies going elsewhere, now we are better supported and win the trophies we are suddenly embarrassing.
don’t even consider justifying yourself to any fucker, we are city and I am very proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.