Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Why does atmosphere bother people so much? It’s always been average bar the odd game since I started going in the 70’s.
For me, a football match is 50% about the team on the pitch and 50% about the fans in the stands.

That’s why I found it difficult to really care about football during Covid with no fans. I genuinely almost felt not arsed that City won a Prem and EFL double, preferable that we won them rather than anyone else mind. And I was over the CL final defeat by the teatime on the Sunday. They were all just like watching full sided training.

Atmosphere is one of the biggest parts of football culture. People remember some atmospheres over some results. I actually couldn’t tell you the score of the first leg, the score of the second leg, and obviously the aggregate score of those 2009 UEFA Cup games with Hamburg anymore. I would have to look them up. But I remember the atmosphere vividly, it was electric.

I've been having a bit of a spat with Terry Chris...(I don't even want to type his shitty name)...on Quora. He's fcuking obsessed with us!
Here's his latest reply to me:

Terry Twatface 5hr ago:
Tjhe GMP had to force City to start revealing their real attandance figures , because every week they were counting 7000 or so season ticket holders who hadn’t turned up and this was cause for concern in case of a major incident at the stadium . I’m old enough to remember 1968 , Man City won the league , in a stadium that held 52,000 with average home gates of 40,000. 1977 Man City finished runners up to Liverpool , average home gates 39,000. This local support was always very fickle and didn’t seem to turn up all the time

Mark. L 5mins ago:
ER…I remember when United were getting 36,000 in the 80s!! You thick ****. United’s average attendance in 1979 was 46,000..yet the highest for you that season was 54,000. VERY FICKLE!! hahaha. You really should check up on the facts before spouting off, you dick.
City hold the record for a home domestic attendance.

A good sign of loyal support is when a club is at their lowest. 30,000 in the 3rd league, mate!

Last edited:
For me, a football match is 50% about the team on the pitch and 50% about the fans in the stands.

That’s why I found it difficult to really care about football during Covid with no fans. I genuinely almost felt not arsed that City won a Prem and EFL double, preferable that we won them rather than anyone else mind. And I was over the CL final defeat by the teatime on the Sunday. They were all just like watching full sided training.

Atmosphere is one of the biggest parts of football culture. People remember some atmospheres over some results. I actually couldn’t tell you the score of the first leg, the score of the second leg, and obviously the aggregate score of those 2009 UEFA Cup games with Hamburg anymore. I would have to look them up. But I remember the atmosphere vividly, it was electric.
Few and far between those though. We seem to have a game by game obsession with atmosphere on here. The atmosphere against the likes of Norwich etc is never going to be brilliant and I doubt it is at any of the top 4 sides either.

I don’t find ours as bad as people make out anyway. It’s ok and it’s raised against the best sides in close games. Same as for everyone else.

It’s not going to be bouncing every week.

Obviously with success comes a different set of pressures,but it's sad that at the most successful period in our clubs history we seem more disgruntled than ever.
It's maybe a societal thing, where in general more people are happy to air their grievances these days.
We were always great at not taking ourselves to seriously and finding a laugh in the most trying of times,let's get a bit of that back.
no actually we should not go back to being too chill and carefree. we actually need to be more serious and embrace our position at top of the english game if we are to grow as a club. This is precisely the issue. we are actually the biggest club in the land, but we still act like we are some underdog.

Last edited:
I've been having a bit of a spat with Terry Chris...(I don't even want to type his shitty name)...on Quora. He's fcuking obsessed with us!

Terry Twatface 5hr ago:
Tjhe GMP had to force City to start revealing their real attandance figures , because every week they were counting 7000 or so season ticket holders who hadn’t turned up and this was cause for concern in case of a major incident at the stadium . I’m old enough to remember 1968 , Man City won the league , in a stadium that held 52,000 with average home gates of 40,000. 1977 Man City finished runners up to Liverpool , average home gates 39,000. This local support was always very fickle and didn’t seem to turn up all the time

Mark. L 5mins ago:
ER…I remember when United were getting 36,000 in the 80s!! You thick ****. United’s average attendance in 1979 was 46,000..yet the highest for you that season was 54,000. VERY FICKLE!! hahaha. You really should check up on the facts before spouting off, you dick.

A good sign of loyal support is when a club is at their lowest. 30,000 in the 3rd league, mate!
Waste of a life

Which idiot claimed that City had a capacity of 52,000 in 1968? It was 63,000 back then. Not that I would expect some plastic Red idiot like Terry Christian to have a clue?

Last edited:

Terry Twatface 5hr ago:

Mark. L 5mins ago:

Rags have history for reporting inaccurate crowds:
And this is from 8 years ago, the Police also rubbished the claim of a crowd in recent years also

Manchester United are adding as many as 24,000 fans on to crowd attendances compared with the actual number of people watching games at Old Trafford, according to police data.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team have not had a single crowd over 70,000 for a league match, police say, not taking in Monday's game against Manchester City. The club, in contrast, recorded attendances in excess of 75,000 every time. Instead Greater Manchester police's figures claim the average crowd for league matches, excluding City, is 10,000 below what the club say. The police records state it is 65,601 rather than the official figure of 75,527. In all competitions it is 61,739 rather than the club's 73,653.

United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance but the new set of figures claim Old Trafford was not even half-full for the Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle in September. The police recorded the number of people who passed through the turnstiles at 33,409. United gave the crowd as 46,358. In the next round, against West Ham, the disparity was even bigger. The police put down the crowd as 51,724, whereas United recorded it as 71,081.

Rags have history for reporting inaccurate crowds:
And this is from 8 years ago, the Police also rubbished the claim of a crowd in recent years also

Manchester United are adding as many as 24,000 fans on to crowd attendances compared with the actual number of people watching games at Old Trafford, according to police data.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team have not had a single crowd over 70,000 for a league match, police say, not taking in Monday's game against Manchester City. The club, in contrast, recorded attendances in excess of 75,000 every time. Instead Greater Manchester police's figures claim the average crowd for league matches, excluding City, is 10,000 below what the club say. The police records state it is 65,601 rather than the official figure of 75,527. In all competitions it is 61,739 rather than the club's 73,653.

United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance but the new set of figures claim Old Trafford was not even half-full for the Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle in September. The police recorded the number of people who passed through the turnstiles at 33,409. United gave the crowd as 46,358. In the next round, against West Ham, the disparity was even bigger. The police put down the crowd as 51,724, whereas United recorded it as 71,081.
yike looks like projection by the media. seems like someone is insecure about attendance and it is not us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.