Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I don't think there's a simple answer to this.

My observations:

1. Public transport to/from the ground is a joke, especially at night, which is (usually) when the cheap matches are. I know a lot walk to/from town, but this isn't realistic for old gets like me, and it takes time, which is sadly lacking at the end of a night match if you're to catch a bus/train.

2. The typical attendee has changed. If you ever go in the Colin Bell stands the chances are you'll be surrounded by people talking about their clients, or by people who will stare at you as if you are mad if you raise your voice to support the team.

3. One-off tickets for League Matches are ridiculously expensive. Not everyone is on 50k a year or an eccentric millionaire. I just can't justify it, because I can (for example) take my missus out for a reasonable meal for a similar figure.

There are other factors too, but I suspect our fanbase is disproportionately working-class (low-paid) and older (on pensions).

1. Public transport to/from the ground is a joke, especially at night, which is (usually) when the cheap matches are. I know a lot walk to/from town, but this isn't realistic for old gets like me, and it takes time, which is sadly lacking at the end of a night match if you're to catch a bus/train.

There used to be a direct tram from Altrincham to the Etihad which they discontinued. Its less of an issue for weekend games, but for midweek fixtures that was a real life saver especially when metrolink inevitably fuck it up and have to shortern the journeys to Trafford bar so they can turn them round and get them back in to the city centre again. I appreciate that is a metrolink problem and not a City problem, but it would definitely be a big help for my elderly relatives who are reliant on public transport getting to and from games.

I've been having a bit of a spat with Terry Chris...(I don't even want to type his shitty name)...on Quora. He's fcuking obsessed with us!
Here's his latest reply to me:

Terry Twatface 5hr ago:
Tjhe GMP had to force City to start revealing their real attandance figures , because every week they were counting 7000 or so season ticket holders who hadn’t turned up and this was cause for concern in case of a major incident at the stadium . I’m old enough to remember 1968 , Man City won the league , in a stadium that held 52,000 with average home gates of 40,000. 1977 Man City finished runners up to Liverpool , average home gates 39,000. This local support was always very fickle and didn’t seem to turn up all the time

Mark. L 5mins ago:
ER…I remember when United were getting 36,000 in the 80s!! You thick ****. United’s average attendance in 1979 was 46,000..yet the highest for you that season was 54,000. VERY FICKLE!! hahaha. You really should check up on the facts before spouting off, you dick.
City hold the record for a home domestic attendance.

A good sign of loyal support is when a club is at their lowest. 30,000 in the 3rd league, mate!
I’d be more going down the lines of the fact that any grown man who plays the “we’ve got more fans than you” card like a 13 year old kid is a sad fucking bastard.

It’s silent because fans are now spoilt by goals . V soton most fans stayed in case we got a winner when normally they all leave at 80 mins onwards .

everyone says no but a drum would help get people singing .. fans need to help carry the players like the pre mansour’s days

I’d be more going down the lines of the fact that any grown man who plays the “we’ve got more fans than you” card like a 13 year old kid is a sad fucking bastard.
Spot on...that's what we've made them resort to!! "my club's bigger than yours"!! Hilarious really.

@BrianW please don’t tar everyone in the CB with the same brush! Maybe if you are in the upper two storeys but not in CBL1.
I really get fed up of defending the fans in CBL1 they might not shout and sing all the time but not everyone is a daft old so and so like me!
I’ve never heard anyone talk about anything but the game, apart from the poor guy across from me who has a rocking chair for a seat because it’s only got two bolts bolting it down! :-)
If he has an accident he’s got loads of witnesses, including me! It’s been reported to the stewards at least 5 times including twice by me! But that’s diverging. We’re a good bunch down there in CBL1. ;-)

Considering the crowd tonight, it wasn't a bad effort.

Thought blocks 111, 110, and 109 were better than the SS tonight. And I stand in the SS. Can't wait until the top teams come to the Etihad, as they will fill the away end. Going to be some good atmospheres later on this season.

Considering the crowd tonight, it wasn't a bad effort.

Thought blocks 111, 110, and 109 were better than the SS tonight. And I stand in the SS. Can't wait until the top teams come to the Etihad, as they will fill the away end. Going to be some good atmospheres later on this season.
30, 600 is a fuckin cracking turnout for Wycombe on a Tuesday night, biggest attendance of all 10 ties tonight but the mantra us now set in stone no mattter what the facts state cause no fucker deals in facts anymore

30, 600 is a fuckin cracking turnout for Wycombe on a Tuesday night, biggest attendance of all 10 ties tonight but the mantra us now set in stone no mattter what the facts state cause no fucker deals in facts anymore

If that was the size of the crowd tonight, there is no way Leipzig was only 38,000, as many of us know.

Time to move on from the size of the crowds. Our next home game isn't for almost 3 weeks, and it's Burnley, so hopefully it will be another 5 goal win?

PS. What was with the lights in the family stand? Were they all Celtic fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.