Etihad atmosphere

After the 3 / 4 years work these are the two main factors against the atosphere.

if the re location to a safetstanding area in the north stand doesnt work ( which should create cheaper tickets ) then there is nit much more we can do.

We also need a change in fan culture, I blame sky / BT / MOTD / overpaid pundits / majority of media for this negative attitude towards football that are making fans see the game the same way. Who gives a fk if a defender slips up, we are here for city.
I like to sing, I relocated me and the 17 yo lad upto lvl 3 because 299 quid is a no brainer, first game vs Chelsea it was bouncing up there, hurt your eardrums it was that loud, we are about 15 month in from that game and you can hear a pin drop

I like to sing, I relocated me and the 17 yo lad upto lvl 3 because 299 quid is a no brainer, first game vs Chelsea it was bouncing up there, hurt your eardrums it was that loud, we are about 15 month in from that game and you can hear a pin drop
But why though? Do you guys not try and get it going? Does no one join in?

I think the biggest issue we have is that the atmosphere HAS to be generated by the fans at times and unfortunately 99.9% of our fans would prefer to sit back and wait for someone else to do it (either another fan or the 11 men on the pitch).

Thanks to all for the positive comments so far,

From the post above, it looks like you are already making headway into changing things around. It would appear you already have the in roads and connection into the club which is your first major hurdle (You have that) and it would appear you already have a group that are looking for something very similar to what I posted originally (Foundations are already there). There's no reason why someone dedicated would fail in pushing this forward, the ingredients appear to be there.

A few suggestions, looking in from afar, it perhaps needs more support from the club itself to push this forward and expand it? An advertisement campaign from the club to fans (banners/leaflets/emails/postal letters to all ST holders for next season for example) In this campaign, highlight that the club have a new '1894 group' and that this group have been allocated an area where ''Ultra'' type fans are required. Highlight that this area is for the good of the club, to increase the noise and atmosphere at games and that this area needs vocal supporters to better things. Highlight that this area is not a relaxation zone and that you will be required to sing and participate with the rest of the 1894 group (A caveat to state that ST holders who cheat their way into this section and then do not regularly participate will have their seat reallocated outside of the 1894 zone the season afterwards) Ask the club if this is possible, perhaps not as many as 3000 fans initially but say 1500 'ultra' type fans to get things going. (Numbers will expand in time, Celtic for example have about 10,000 now wanting into the 3,000 standing section zone and a waiting list on ST holders to get in) - These fans can be allocated to this new section through word of mouth, other known singing fans vouching for other ST holders who sing. The fans allocated to this new singing section can be approved by the members of the 1894 group themselves rather than randomly by the club. I think this area needs expanding between club and the 1894 supporters group.

Funding wise, ask the club for an annual contribution, it's in their best interests as the crowd can most certainly drive the team on. As you seen at Celtic Park for our 3-3 draw against each other. (The quality of the players in both teams is night and day) For Celtic, that draw earned them a bonus payment of £500k, peanuts to City but a reasonable amount for Celtic. At big spending City, an annual contribution to their official MCFC backed supporters group isn't a huge ask? You don't ask, you don't get.

The Celtic standing section is enclosed, you can't walk in and walk out of it from other areas of the stadium, there are stewards on the entry points and you must show a band that you belong in that section. It's very well organised in that respect.

Choosing an area is also a challenge, the green brigade at Celtic have chosen a corner section as it gives the guys in charge at the front best visibility to control all the fans above them. This video below paints a thousand words, it shows the corner location and the 2 guys at the front co-ordinating everything. Mega phones, the chants and even the movements. There's 3000 fans in that small section all following the 2 guys at the front. This then gets the rest of the stadium going.

The big one here I think is co-ordination, being instructed to sing what and when keeps everyone in sync and in rhythm.

I am of course not suggesting you guys should copy Celtic's setup outright, as someone else has posted, there are challenges including the demographics of your typical supporters. Season tickets in the £400 price range at Celtic Park, most probably double that cost at the Etihad (so may push out lots of working class types that can't afford it) Lots of other differences too of course but I believe you guys already have the foundations there to build on. Standing section will only improve that, we are all hoping here at Celtic that a 2nd or expanded standing section area is allocated next season as it has been a huge success, we could sell out that section 3-4x over now. I'm sure one day it will happen in the English Premiership too.

Anyway, I wish you guys all the best going forward, I'm sure you will get there in the end.

Thanks for all of your input mate, some real food for thought there.

I think the idea to get the club more involved to market towards targeting more fans to joing the 1894 group / section is a brilliant idea. The club spend an awful lot of resource marketing the corporate areas, on the City website, social media, emails, post, national media etc. If they spent even a fraction of that resource to promote the 1894 singing section, I'm sure the take up of season tickets in those sections would be even greater.

Just one question on your safe standing section, how does it work? Do you just buy a ticket for that section and then stand where you like? Or do you get allocated a position to stand in (row, seat number etc) and you have to stand in that particular space? Obviously, I assume the first option would be better as mates can stand together, but perhaps it's pretty difficult to police that?

Just one question on your safe standing section, how does it work? Do you just buy a ticket for that section and then stand where you like? Or do you get allocated a position to stand in (row, seat number etc) and you have to stand in that particular space? Obviously, I assume the first option would be better as mates can stand together, but perhaps it's pretty difficult to police that?

The safe standing section is for season ticket holders only so you can't purchase a ticket for a particular match and get in to this section (There's no access into it from other areas and the entrances are guarded) From what I gather, there's a huge waiting list of supporters wanting to relocate into there from other areas around the stadium but with only 3000 'seats' and around 10,000 wanting in, it's near impossible to get in unless you were one of the initial lucky ones that were allocated a seat or you get hold of a friends season ticket to use who is seated in there.

The safe standing section has rail seating so you get allocated a seat in the same way you would as usual. It's rare to find people sat down, so yes, you usually can stand beside your mates as there's plenty of space with everyone standing. Pictures below show the seats as they are (Same row and seat numbers as usual)

JS95073375.jpg

13679957_1241592599213976_9027553729560351774_o_zpst8ydfulz.jpg

I think the biggest issue we have is that the atmosphere HAS to be generated by the fans at times and unfortunately 99.9% of our fans would prefer to sit back and wait for someone else to do it (either another fan or the 11 men on the pitch).

I relocated to 314, a great place next to the away fans.
As you say at the beginning the atmosphere was great but is really poor now.
Unfortunately the club have to take some of the blame.
You have to stand to create a good atmosphere and 3rd tier is being policed by Showsec pricks supposedly at the clubs request.
Its embarrassing that several thousand away fans are allowed to stand only 20 feet away but City Fans can't.
Some Fans are genuinely worried about getting a ban or losing their seat when they see the Showsec baboon with his notebook.
I know the 'stand up if you love city' usually gets rid of them but it is a major problem for the atmosphere.
If there is a 3000 Safe Standing area created then me and my lad would be straight in there.

Nope no one hardly joins in, it's a shame but until they give us a proper singing block at affordable prices then this problem won't be fixed

I relocated to 314, a great place next to the away fans.
As you say at the beginning the atmosphere was great but is really poor now.
Unfortunately the club have to take some of the blame.
You have to stand to create a good atmosphere and 3rd tier is being policed by Showsec pricks supposedly at the clubs request.
Its embarrassing that several thousand away fans are allowed to stand only 20 feet away but City Fans can't.
Some Fans are genuinely worried about getting a ban or losing their seat when they see the Showsec baboon with his notebook.
I know the 'stand up if you love city' usually gets rid of them but it is a major problem for the atmosphere.
If there is a 3000 Safe Standing area created then me and my lad would be straight in there.
Same for me & my lad, went into 315 from 117 & 111 respectively as a cost saving measure.

We make noise but apart from the opening Chelsea game its been between very average and fucking awful for atmos.

You're right about the Showsec tossers, it's getting to the stage where when I stand for a rant I'm watching the seat number takers and it's a real pisser.

Same for me & my lad, went into 315 from 117 & 111 respectively as a cost saving measure.

We make noise but apart from the opening Chelsea game its been between very average and fucking awful for atmos.

You're right about the Showsec tossers, it's getting to the stage where when I stand for a rant I'm watching the seat number takers and it's a real pisser.

I totally understand the price has a big say in where we go especially if there are two or three season cards to buy.

On the positive side, if we do get the safe standing with cheaper prices I look forward to you guys joining us in the north stand for a good sing song. Win or lose we sing.

There will probably be around 10 meetings with the club before its all sorted out ( if it gets the go ahead ). If it does then via club and 1894 we will priorities the right fans who sing to go in this section. We will release details broader than we did for singing section 115 so everybody knows about it.

We are pushing for blocks of 20 or 25 seats together in 115 near the front for champions league ( Monaco )and cup games, more seats if interest is higher. Idea being if a group of fans near the front sing the rest of the block can sing and see what is going on better than if we are at the back. If we get these 25 seats we will let everybody know, would be good to see you guys from third tier down in 115 for the odd game while we can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.