Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the full pic you can also see where the original cable net sits. I'm sure it looks higher and has been raised in order to avoid obstructive views.
I think the cable net can't be raised (or lowered) as that would affect the CB & East stand roofs. It actually restricts the height of the new tier due to eye-lines, as it is you'll have it in your line of sight from the back of the SS when looking at the NS (upper part at least?).

First post, and just wanted to say, thanks to everyone who has posted all the photos of the stadium development over time, especially to jrb (both here and on SkyscraperCity). I posted a link to the Skyscraper thread on the ja606 website. That resulted in the usual round of troll posts that have nothing to say other than criticise.

efYoKNx.jpg

Saw this on facebook yesterday.

Looking abit more ready[/QUOTE

Just been talking to an electrician Whose company are fitting a new floodlighting system at the Etihad. Apparently the new walkway in the roof of the new South stand is being fitted to all the other stands, just noticed on the above picture that the Colin Bell stand has already had this walkway added

First post, and just wanted to say, thanks to everyone who has posted all the photos of the stadium development over time, especially to jrb (both here and on SkyscraperCity). I posted a link to the Skyscraper thread on the ja606 website. That resulted in the usual round of troll posts that have nothing to say other than criticise.

how`s Ripley doing

Just been talking to an electrician Whose company are fitting a new floodlighting system at the Etihad. Apparently the new walkway in the roof of the new South stand is being fitted to all the other stands, just noticed on the above picture that the Colin Bell stand has already had this walkway added

I thought this needed quoting as it might get lost in the new format.

Interesting. Maybe ticker-tape can be dropped from there in future...?

I'm quite surprised we don't have MCFC though...maybe it's because it was the Commonwealth stadium rather than purpose built

I'd love to see the middle tier decorated in blue/white seats like the bar scarf. We don't need MCFC on seats, we know what we are and everyone else too. As for Nike and Etihad, forget their logos. They keep it minimal on the boards they have. Let's have a mural of Sergio on seats in that end!!!

I'd love to see the middle tier decorated in blue/white seats like the bar scarf. We don't need MCFC on seats, we know what we are and everyone else too. As for Nike and Etihad, forget their logos. They keep it minimal on the boards they have. Let's have a mural of Sergio on seats in that end!!!

Can't have a mural of Kun..say if he left! Maybe after he retires ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.