Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Heard any new snippets about the new stand? Was good to hear the boss behind the south stand expansion is involved.

Tony Bush - best builder I ever came across in all my years doing this. Knows his stuff. I heard Laings had originally been down to do the hotel but they always push too much for modular construction and so have heard sisk building. Also a lot of effort had to be put in to make the business case for the expansion to work. Sadly corporate revenue is needed to make it even remotely justifiable and I know for a fact that this is stage 2 of 4 which will eventually see us above 80,000 with the East and West stands done in the next 8 years. I was told today that we could quite easily have sold 100,000 plus for next weeks game.

Tony Bush - best builder I ever came across in all my years doing this. Knows his stuff. I heard Laings had originally been down to do the hotel but they always push too much for modular construction and so have heard sisk building. Also a lot of effort had to be put in to make the business case for the expansion to work. Sadly corporate revenue is needed to make it even remotely justifiable and I know for a fact that this is stage 2 of 4 which will eventually see us above 80,000 with the East and West stands done in the next 8 years. I was told today that we could quite easily have sold 100,000 plus for next weeks game.
Sisk are 100% doing it they've had the hotel order since february

That’s great… but where were those extra 50,000 or so for West Ham last Wednesday or Leeds on Saturday when there was still 100s left before the game!
This is why I’m still annoyed that I didn’t get a Madrid ticket!

That’s great… but where were those extra 50,000 or so for West Ham last Wednesday or Leeds on Saturday when there was still 100s left before the game!
This is why I’m still annoyed that I didn’t get a Madrid ticket!
That will be no shows from season ticket holders. I don’t think the growing of the City’s fanbase is a good thing for the core support, the tourists will just buy an empty seat now. City have got the market, that’s what success does.

That will be no shows from season ticket holders. I don’t think the growing of the City’s fanbase is a good thing for the core support, the tourists will just buy an empty seat now. City have got the market, that’s what success does.

The tourists spend more than the core support though?

The stadium expansion will be completed with the development of the E & W stands.

This will be undertaken in 2030.

The original intention was to have a capacity of 85000,just ahead of the 84000+ @Maine Road but that has proven to be unachievable.

The stadium will be wrapped at the conclusion of the NS and will be possibly be a world first ' Living Wall ' of Spungen Moss which is the most natural plant species for cleaning the environment/air.

Be aware also,that plans exist for the construction of a new stadium on the huge site of the CFA and the Asda site is still in the clubs crosshairs.

We've only just begun !!

The stadium expansion will be completed with the development of the E & W stands.

The original intention was to have a capacity of 85000,just ahead of the 84000+ @Maine Road but that has proven to be unachievable.

The stadium will be wrapped at the conclusion of the NS and will be possibly be a world first ' Living Wall ' of Spungen Moss which is the most natural plant species for cleaning the environment/air.

Be aware also,that plans exist for the construction of a new stadium on the huge site of the CFA and the Asda site is still in the clubs crosshairs.

We've only just begun !!
What would we do with two stadiums ? And also thought the CFA was already too small where would a stadium go or do you mean it will go where ASDA is or where other business are

We've only just begun !!
So the stadium wrapped within 3 years ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.