Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Canal walkway, yep that'll be great leaving a gig in the depths of midwinter and after 11pm to trudge into town to discover you've missed the last train home.

What a shame the Arena in town wasn't updated. Perfect location with train/tram/taxi/bus access and a city centre full of bars/restaurants to choose from.
The owners had 30 years to update it but didn't bother. They let it go into decline.

It was all in unfinished sentences with no detail. Only made head+tail of half of what you posted.

It was unclear whether you meant that a hotel, the rugby centre and a car park were all good to be on the North Stand Car Park, or whether they’d be all separate around the campus. It was unclear whether you meant to put the Mercedes Garage info where you did because it didn’t seem to make sense coming off the end of the sentence before it, and whether the housing part of the post was meant for the gas holders or the Merc garage. It was unclear what you meant by ASDA being far too big or what it was far too big for and what that meant in terms of the CFA.

Thanks for the info though, good to see you back!

****ing hell, mate.

According to a 1 or 2 developers on here it’s not in great condition and needs quite a bit of work doing to it. That and the corners they built with the new South Stand were only ever designed to be a temporary solution.

I’d imagine if they’re doing the exterior up, building a new North Stand etc, that they’d sort out the roof and fix up those corners at the same time.
Ok thanks Thought you meant a new roof

Ok thanks Thought you meant a new roof
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but that is what they're saying. The North, East & West sections of the original roof left are way beyond their expected life cycle (and I think didn't last as long as expected at that). From memory, the plan is to replace the East & West sections when the North stand is expanded so that we end up with a totally new roof (with the South being slightly older). They can then remove the cable system that holds it all up.

According to a 1 or 2 developers on here it’s not in great condition and needs quite a bit of work doing to it. That and the corners they built with the new South Stand were only ever designed to be a temporary solution.

I’d imagine if they’re doing the exterior up, building a new North Stand etc, that they’d sort out the roof and fix up those corners at the same time.
Need to fix them blue lights on poles first

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but that is what they're saying. The North, East & West sections of the original roof left are way beyond their expected life cycle (and I think didn't last as long as expected at that). From memory, the plan is to replace the East & West sections when the North stand is expanded so that we end up with a totally new roof (with the South being slightly older). They can then remove the cable system that holds it all up.

I guess that will mean big choices… renew east and west - as is; on the cable net system - not too big a job. Or install a whole new roof structure - (would need a steel cantilever structure like the south stand) which is a major job that’ll take a few years I’m guessing. It would seem a bit stupid to end up with two independent roof structures and two on a cable net - pointlessly running in front of the north and south stands.

I guess that will mean big choices… renew east and west - as is; on the cable net system - not too big a job. Or install a whole new roof structure - (would need a steel cantilever structure like the south stand) which is a major job that’ll take a few years I’m guessing. It would seem a bit stupid to end up with two independent roof structures and two on a cable net - pointlessly running in front of the north and south stands.
I'm pretty sure the cable net system will be gone, I'm certain that was the plan. Which means that anything is possible in regards of expansion perhaps adding a thin 4th tier to the East & West stands which has been mooted previously. Or maybe bringing the footprint all the way out for extra space for whatever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.